Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Trying to go to XPlane 10 ! but

HiGuys

I have a home cockpit consists of 5 monitors and I use it as a glass cockpit ( draging the panels to each monitor ).Is there an ability to open the OH, PEDESTAL, PFD ND ECAS' S and FMC in any xplane aircraft (standard or addon) and drag it like I do in FSX ? for example, I am very Interest with JADESIGN A320 NEO, can I open and drag at least OH, PEDESTAL, PFD ND ECAS' S & FMC and drag them to their positions in the monitor ?

Please any hint, advice anything that would be a very helpful.

Thx

No sir, not in the fashion you are used to.

X-Plane supports multiple monitors, but X-Plane can only have one open window at any one time... there's no detaching panels into their own windows to drag around. If the panels have pop-up items you can drag them within the X-Plane window, but you cannot break them out. You can span this one single X-Plane window across multiple monitors, but it's not really conducive to glass cockpit style uses.

Contrast this with the MSFS family which allows you to detatch panels, views, and the like into separate windows which can be easily dragged to any monitor on your multi-mon unit. If that style of multimonitor use is important to you, I'd recommend remaining where you are in the MSFS family.

Also note that X-Plane has a fully functional demonstration version available for you to try out. Fetch it, update it, and give it a shot. You'll be able to see the multimonitor capabilities for yourself to make a better decision.

-Greg

With the Jar a320, I have multiple views, ie overhead panel which I have as a quick view number key.  Once I have dealt with that panel there is not very often I would go back there.

I have other views that I need also up to 10 if you need them, then just flick from the one panel view you want to work with and then back to the main office.

On the ground I can use my yoke to pan around. On a long flight I have passenger seat available to watch the world go by..

Or

I use Track IR, depends on the mood.

Pain after FSX with multiple screens but I have got used to it and now use my other screens for moving maps etc. Did use triple head 2 go but found one large screen was better for me, your point of view can be altered quite a bit getting the best view for you.

With Airbus set up the FMGS and thats it "basically", it does everything for you, you are the pilot monitoring. Always flew Boeings with FS took a long time to figure out the airbus when I switched.

Trevor Golding

With the Jar a320, I have multiple views, ie overhead panel which I have as a quick view number key. Once I have dealt with that panel there is not very often I would go back there.

I have other views that I need also up to 10 if you need them, then just flick from the one panel view you want to work with and then back to the main office.

On the ground I can use my yoke to pan around. On a long flight I have passenger seat available to watch the world go by..

Or

I use Track IR, depends on the mood.

Pain after FSX with multiple screens but I have got used to it and now use my other screens for moving maps etc. Did use triple head 2 go but found one large screen was better for me, your point of view can be altered quite a bit getting the best view for you.

With Airbus set up the FMGS and thats it "basically", it does everything for you, you are the pilot monitoring. Always flew Boeings with FS took a long time to figure out the airbus when I switched.

I like the light effect, runway slopes and so many thongs in xplane10.

Thats way I try to change, and the main and important panels to me is : OH PEFESTAL PFD ND ECAS & FMC. I have their position in may cockpit and I cannot flight without one of them.

Thats way I ask this quistion because really I feelt I have to change to increase the realistic !!!!

Thats way I ask this quistion because really I feelt I have to change to increase the realistic !!!!

You may want to send Robert McDonald a PM to ask.  What you are looking for is doable, but requires multiple PC.  Look for Robert YouTube videos, I believe he has several examples there.

Good luck.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The CRJ-200 from Javier Rollon and X-aviation is the only aircraft that I know which features 2-D pop out panels in the same way as FSX. I was a bit irritated by the lack of them in X-plane when I first started trying to get into the sim myself, but after some time getting used to things I really don't miss them anymore and to me having 2-D old school MS Flight Simulator panels isn't realistic in my mind anyway. After all, what pilot has a row of 2D flight panels floating around their head as fly in the real world. I think 2D panels is one of the reasons why real life flight instructors sometimes have problems with simmers who come in looking to learn to fly, because they're always staring at their instruments instead of looking out the window!    :P 

If you've got 5 displays to use, put them to work making one gorgeous panoramic view of X-plane instead! ^_^ Then make sure to download the PilotView plugin from the .org and make up to 9 custom views so that you can easily and quickly move your "head" around the cockpit to see sections of the plane you need to.