Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

Less FPS in full screen?

I just want to know if its normal to have less fps while on full screen because I have read that its the other way for most. I get 5 less while in full screen and am wondering why since the resolution is not very different so maybe I have some wrong settings. Any possible solution for this? Thanks

I also have almost FPS cut in half in fullscreen. 

I used to only use it for VFR so its not a big deal but strange as most people is getting better performance in fullscreen.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

higher FPS in full screen

ZORAN

I get 30FPS in fullscreen and 25FPS in windowed!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Higher in fullscreen!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think, by the post above, that this is yet another quirk of FSX. As with all things FSX, it all depends on your system, your settings, your config and sceneries. One thing that I have realised with FSX is that there is no hard and fast rules with how it works, this is why there are so many different opinions (and arguments) over which tweaks to use and how a certain addon works. The only thing I can say is that you have to work on what works with you, don't try and compare your frame rates with anybody else and then it's a case of trial and error to find the best settings for you and your system.

Isn't FSX a wonderful piece of programming.

No noticeable difference between full and windowed. I get better visuals in full screen. In windowed the cockpit has what appears to be ripples like in water when panning. Also the posts appear to split into three or four segments with each segment moving a 1/8 of an inch when compared to the segment above or below it when panning. I see no difference when the view is stationary.

No noticeable difference between full and windowed. I get better visuals in full screen. In windowed the cockpit has what appears to be ripples like in water when panning. Also the posts appear to split into three or four segments with each segment moving a 1/8 of an inch when compared to the segment above or below it when panning. I see no difference when the view is stationary.

That sounds like screen tearing. Activating v-sync will cure that, but it will lower your framerate.

Cristi Neagu

Better performance and sharper textures in windowed.

Vic green

Just guessing but given that some people are doing better with FSX windowed and some do better in full screen, could we say that different rigs produce different results? Horses for courses, people!