Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Russian help

I download and install new scenery for UHHH I got on avsim.su (54022-UHHH-2014.zip). In the folder UHHH_2014 there is another folder and the name of it is Russian. Does anyone know what this folder says?

In the folder in question there are bmp texture files that are the same texture files as the ones in the UHHH_2014\texure folder. So I am guessing the folder in question a folder with 32 bit textures? But since I don't know Russian I have no idea.

Yes I tried that. Google could not translate it.

Yes I tried that. Google could not translate it.

Google translate for Russian is rubbish,

The folder inside "UHHH-2014" named "Новая папка" just means new folder and is the default name when you create a new one and has a copy of the texture files. Sometimes this happens in Russian downloads and is nothing to worry about.

The differences between "uhhh_pulkshosse1" and "uhhh_pulkshosse" means that the first one has no traffic intended to save performance.

UHHH 2014 ORBX TER, well... You can guess it yourself. Russians actually converted ORBX global FSX textures to FS9 as it wasn't available for this simulator. And while it's nowhere close to actual ORBX global, it's still a headstart and available for free at most Russian sim sites.  However, in this case the small package of the area was adapted for Khabarovsk.

Many thanks, Tushka!

I tried to translate or better transcript the "novaya papka", because on my PC it's shown as a crazy ASCII-text: "ì«óá´ »á»¬á". I still don't know what the porpose ot this folder is. It actually contains at first absolutely the same files as the "texture" folder but at second some files more. I did put them together and all works fine.

Another thing: I use the SBAI Mi-8M/T models. A bunch of them used to sit at Khabarovsk Maly (UHHT) nearby. With UHHH 2014, UHHT is covered by houses and trees and no heli shows up. I merged UHHH 2014 with UHHT from UHHH 2011 (I deleted all files *UHHT.bgl* in the scenery folder of "UHHH_2014" and copied all files *UHHT*.bgl from the UHHH 2011 package into the scenery folder of "UHHH_2014"). And voilà, my helis are back.

However, in this case the small package of the area was adapted for Khabarovsk.

So it's a phototerrain... however, UHHH works well without it.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thank you! I thought that folder I couldn't translate was another set of textures that would help in performance or increase the visual look of the scenery or something like that,

Google translate for Russian is rubbish

It's rubbish because what you see is a kind of phonetic font. Your system isn't adapted to read cyrillic font. For that purpose you should install the russian language.

Bernard

It's rubbish because what you see is a kind of phonetic font. Your system isn't adapted to read cyrillic font. For that purpose you should install the russian language.

Bernard

My system is Russian language as I'm Belarusian. However as for the foreigners I thought they had cyryllic and didn't know how to read it, however it's now case is foreign computers can't read cyryllic.

I still stand to what I say as even if you paste  cyryllic document into google, there will be a lot of errors as google isn't perfect unfortunately...