Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

New to Prepar3d

I just got a screaming new computer, and I'm about to switch over from FSX to Prepar3d, and I don't want both versions mucking up my squeaky clean HDs!

So, I have ASN, REX4, The Majestic Q400, and FTX Global/Vectors. 

How happy/sad am I going to be?  I have a lot of money invested in all of those things. Will I be able to use them?

Well.. seems I answered my own questions.

I'll see you guys in the air!  

Edit:  I do have one more question while it's downloading:  What are the 'must haves' for P3d? I've seen all about the migration tool, and I'll get that right away... but I've seen so much about the beauty of clouds in P3d.  Does something like Rex4 help or hinder that?

Please., any thoughts are incredibly appreciated! I'm so excited.

i7 4770 stock (for now!)

GTX EVGA 780 FTW edition

16 Gigs Corsair 1866

Coolermaster Seidon 250mm

Gigabyte Sniper Moba

Thanks!

Hello

I use Rex4 textures and the superb Opus FSX weather engine ..... A great combo .. you will not be disappointed!

Paul

Hello

I use Rex4 textures and the superb Opus FSX weather engine ..... A great combo .. you will not be disappointed!

Paul

Holy Geez.

I can't believe what I just saw.      I've been flying FSX with an antiquated computer for a while, and now this?

I haven't plugged in Rex yet, but I went in with FTX Global. Now, I know that it's just the default plane with the default airport, and I can't expect to keep the 

settings jacked up the way I have them now when I actually get to 'real' flying.  BUT WOW!!!!!!!   I can't believe my eyes!

Can I bother you guys to help me out with some settings, or more likely, a link to some settings that I should use considering my setup and the plug-ins I listed in 

my OP?

I spent a long time getting FSX just right... I'd like a nice place to jump off from here.  I can figure out how to set Rex and ASN on my own, but these new Prepar3d interfaces

and options are all greek to me!   

Thanks a lot guys!    I'm so happy right now!

I Would be happy to see a recommended tips and settings as well. I have been getting a good experience with fax

FSX but for some reason with prepared in getting sluggish performance specially with a Airbus Extended.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

If you are in to tweaking the p3d config file then I found the tweaks that Lockheed Martin has on it's p3d website to have been the most effective in getting my rig running nice.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

thanks very much, Tom.

Could you or anyone else link me to those tweaks?  I'm really not an idiot, but I can't seem to google them up or find them on their forums!

thanks

Another question:

Do we all start at the F-22?  Is there a way to start at the config screen to load my flight/aircraft without going 

to that default airstrip and plane?

Love the F-22, but it would be nice to start on a config screen instead.

Another question:

Do we all start at the F-22?  Is there a way to start at the config screen to load my flight/aircraft without going 

to that default airstrip and plane?

Love the F-22, but it would be nice to start on a config screen instead.

Good luck with new pc sounds nice - yes you can turn on startup screen - I think its in general settings but not sure next time you start P3D you will be able to change things to your liking 

I have posted a lot of tweaks in P3D forum here - search my name

Rich Sennett

Set up a flight the way you want, then save it.  Mark the saved flight as the default flight.  That way you always start with your saved flight. 

I save my flight each time after I land, and that's the default flight for the next time.  All I have to do is reset the time to current on the config screen and click OK and I'm good to go.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thanks a lot to both of you.

It seems like I'm starting all over again! I just got FSX to not be a complete monster with my old dinosaur, now I'm having to learn a new computer and a new platform for flying!

Thanks, guys.  If anyone else has some tips to streamline my process, I'd really appreciate it!

(I'm searching you right now Richard!)

Thanks a lot to both of you.

It seems like I'm starting all over again! I just got FSX to not be a complete monster with my old dinosaur, now I'm having to learn a new computer and a new platform for flying!

Thanks, guys.  If anyone else has some tips to streamline my process, I'd really appreciate it!

(I'm searching you right now Richard!)

This NI setting is awesome

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429212-aa-workaround-for-nvidia-cards/

post 56 sort thru that a bit - I have changed my affinity mask to 244 now but yours will be different as your cpu is different on the number of cores - there is plenty of help in forums on that - use the ni settings shown above disregard the ones on post 56 - have fun - will take  some time to digest all of this but it will be worth it

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442898-my-new-observations-in-p3d/page-3?hl=sennett

Toby has created a great way to figure out your affinity mask here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444793-one-tweak-to-rule-them-all-how-to-set-affinity-mask-correctly/

Rich Sennett

Wow Rich.

That's an incredibly comprehensive list!  Thanks so much for that.

I'll give it a go. I don't have quite the power in my rig you do, but I'll bring it down a little to compensate.

Thanks again!

-Brian 

In the settings you can set it to show the startup screen. It's off by default. This will allow you to setup the flight how you want before the full sim loads.

Also make sure you apply the hotfix on 2.2 otherwise you'll get crashes in the flight planner screen.

My biggest piece of advice is don't crank up all your settings to max because you've got a great pc and expect 99 fps and a stutter free performance. I know it sounds blindingly obvious, but the amount of folks I see writing, "I ran at max settings in FSX. P3D is a stuttering slideshow on my PC. It's garbage. I'm going back to FSX"

P3Dv2.3 is going to be even better :)