Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Ideas for future versions

I love the idea of VoxATC, a voice controlled ATC as opposed to pressing buttons. A lot more realistic, especially in the advent of FS2Crew and MCE. The following are idea's for future versions, however in no way criticism and not being a programmer I don't know how hard they will be to implement, so please don't hate me.

1. I know that VoxATC injects it's own AI by taking the aircraft that it finds in the FSX folder, however it is quite random and when I tried it at my local airport, that is quite small, it looked more like a major hub. As it scans the BGL files, how hard would it be to have it read flight plans or at least the availability to convert flight plans into VoxATC's own format.

2. With the advent of ASN, the PMDG weather radar along with others, how about having VoxATC reading the weather from weather engines. This way you could have delays due to the weather and diversions on arrival, even the closing of certain airports.

As I said, these are only idea's.

I would love both of these suggestions to happen, especially point 2. This is my major gripe of using VoxATC. I can live with the dodgy traffic but landing on the wrong runway with the wind and Tower telling me winds are calm when in fact there is 20-30kt crosswind really gets my goat.

WAT1036.png

I would love both of these suggestions to happen, especially point 2. This is my major gripe of using VoxATC. I can live with the dodgy traffic but landing on the wrong runway with the wind and Tower telling me winds are calm when in fact there is 20-30kt crosswind really gets my goat.

A big +1

ZORAN

M also all too confused..fsx tellls me one runway and vox gives me another..no point of listening to ATIS

I actually think it reads flightplans at least with ut2 and the bridge program. When flying out of Princess Juliana airport all i see is airlines that actually belong there. As for the ATIS and runway, are you sure you are listening to the VoxATC ATIS and not the built in one, turn off you voice volume in fsx/p3d.

I am a new user of a couple of weeks and really believe this is one of the best addons for flightsim I ever purchased (with 15+ years flying fs simulators).

Mike

I believe that VoxATC reads the flight plans as in you get the correct aircraft at the correct aircraft, if you have the gate codes in the AFCAD then it even puts then at the correct gates, it even fly then to the where they fly to. It does not however use the schedule part of the flight plans. So if you go to an airport the traffic will spawn no matter what time of day or night based on the percentage you set for VoxATC. My local airport is only small and at most time have no aircraft, then the occasional Ryanair or Thomson aircraft, at most 2 or 3, but with VoxATC set at 50% it is completely full and looks like Heathrow. The information is in the BGL file because when you turn off VoxATC and turn up FSX sliders then it works fine, not 100% accurate because the schedules are not 100% but close enough to look more realistic, something that VoxATC does not do.

Craig,

As far as I'm aware, VoxATC will spawn traffic in proportion to what the slider is set at. The same is true of the default FSX slider (but the two aren't related).

You must also realise that depending on the Traffic Addon that you are using that the flight plans will loop around.

For a small airport you want to have your slider setting <50%. For me Manchester looks about right at 40%.

I know you have a slider in Vox.

Let me put it this way. If I install WOAI in FSX and I use the FSX sliders, I have one or two aircraft at my local airport. If I then fly to Manchester then I get a quite full airports. If I then do the same flight at a different time of the day then I may get no aircraft parked at my local airport and more at Manchester. This is because If I load FSX and set it for 2pm and spawn at my airport. FSX reads the plans and knows for example say, Ryanair 737 is due at 2pm to go to Paris. But if I spawn at 2.15pm, FSX knows that the Ryanair 737 would have left and does not show it. If I fly to Manchester, dependant on the time I arrive, depends on the type and quantity of aircraft.

Now lets turn of FSX traffic and slide up the slider on Vox to 40%, I set my time to 2pm, I spawn at my local airport and get AI traffic filling loads of parking spots, maybe the correct aircraft, maybe at the correct parking spots, maybe filling parking spots that don't normally get used because of so many. If I then fly to Manchester then I get the same affect that is as totally random. If I then load FSX at 2.15pm, Vox fills the airport with the same traffic. I could turn down the percentage of traffic so I only get one or two aircraft at my local airport, however that relates to the amount of traffic at other larger airports. Heathrow is normally full of traffic everyday, many local airports only have some busy days and others are quite.

The reason VoxATC does not know what aircraft parks at what airport is because it does not read the flight plans properly. Yes it will spawn aircraft based on parking codes, it does not really care where they are going, what time they are due to leave, how long they will fly for, it is basically random. I really don't want to queue up behind a queue of AI traffic at my local airport just to make sure when I arrive at a busier airport it looks right, or leave my local airport looking right to arrive at a ghost town.

It is nice that VoxATC controls the traffic, but for the amount of realism it adds, I might as well just have the FSX Orbit airlines AI parked at the gates. At the moment my local airport looks like a Ryanair hub if Vox and normal with FSX.

It then makes me wonder if it is worth using Vox with it's robotic voices, unrealistic traffic and dodgy weather predictions, just so it can control the traffic.

If these items could be looked at then it would make Vox the number one, offline ATC.