Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Good add-ons (not planes) to start

What good add-ons are there to start with Xplane? I will be running PSX so just using Xplane for visuals.

• HD Mesh v2
  • SkyMaxx Pro
  • Urban Maxx

Looking for high quality international airports too:

• EGLL
  • EGKK
  • LFPG
  • EDDF
  • OMDB
  • KMIA
  • KIAD
  • KJFk
  • KLAX
  • KLAS
  • KSFO
  • WSSS
  • RJAA
  • RJTT

many thanks for your help and suggestions :)

For visuals (and if you have the disk space), check out the free scenery on simheaven.com. I have most of the areas I commonly fly in covered (along with good OSM coverage) and it's an absolute must for me. You already of course have Skymaxx Pro which I highly recommend.

I am sure they had ground shadows watching Froogle's videos?

Not possible with Skymaxx at the moment. I still prefer Skymaxx over default though. EFASS has a weather engine they are heavily developing.

Skip Skymaxx for now until they add shadows. Default clouds will do fine.

Except that default clouds have massive performance problems on weak systems.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Someone - I can't remember which forum it was on - said to click on the second button from the left in the weather settings and the clouds would look more natural - with or without Skymaxx.  I use Skymaxx and tried it and saw little difference - until I restarted.  I can't believe the difference seen between button 1 and 2 and have never seen as good a representation even when flying with real weather.  If you try it, restart and play with the sliders.  It's pretty good and little if any hit on framerates.

John

John Wingold

I'm away from that computer now.  I'll do it when I get back in that area, but there are 4 or 5 buttons... The last two being current weather conditions - all on the weather page and along the top.

John

John Wingold

I am having trouble posting...   I'll be back....

John

Edit .. There is no attachment option...  ???

John Wingold

Can't find it. I'm also very curious about that option. Perhaps you could describe the exact location of that option.

Edit: I believe is the "set random semi controlled weather patterns". Can anyone confirm?

Alexander Colka

That sounds right. You can play around with the sliders. I set "random" at about 1/2 and it changes, but not too much, as you fly and between start ups.

John

John Wingold