Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonkey

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B is out...

>I ask this coz the behavior of the engine parameters>indicators. Percent RPM indicator goes up and down with the>power levers (from 70% to 100%). Conditions levers don

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

been out of town, and just now got the plane. Been flying it for the past 30 min. or so and ive had the "OMG" face since i first saw it in fs. This a/c is totaly payware quality. I was actually about to start a thread thne i saw this one, so i thought id add on to it.Flying LAX-SFO right now. Smooth flight. How do i set tghe speed for the autopilot though?

Guest deKoven

>Snippage ...>>How do i set tghe speed for the autopilot though?Hmmmm, I read all through this thread and didn't see anyone who answered your question so ... You don't. The autopilot does not have any provision for speed control. If you look in the autopilot section in the aircraft.cfg file it says =0. I'm thinkin' you could change it to a one and get speed control, at least partially. But I don't think it'll work truly correctly that way. :D

Guest dutton

Excellent work guys! Thank you so very much!!I have been off the Flightsim for just over a year and was ready to purchase a similar type aircraft to start enjoying everything again. Then, you release the Commander. Not only it is free, but it is exactly what I was looking for and to top it all of, one of my real world favourites.Very well done, it really is a pleasure to fly it.

Guest racartron

"....when you change 2D panels you get 2 panels overlapping each other...."This will happen if you use the keyboard to swap. However, it works just fine when you use the icon to do it.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Like most turbopops you control speed manually - no autothrottle, makes approaches interesting as airspeed can quickly bleed away if you are not on the ball. The autoplilot gauge is a bit confusing in that it has a non working IAS hold button.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest cimanera

Veneaviones, Gracias por un avion tan excilente!I have one question. is there an aerodynamic difference between the no winglet verion and the winglet verson, or is it just visual?Thanks again for a great aircraft!

Guest nigelb

Thanks guys, for a great aircraft! I have enjoyed my first flight in her - I can tell you guys spent a lot of time on this and I just wanted to let you know it is much appreciated.

Thanks, I've now discoverd the icons.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"The only issue I've encountered is that with only 40% FOB and "fully dirty," the a/c stalled and dropped like a stone right at 114 KIAS.I was expecting Vso of 75 KIAS, as listed in the manual...With a Vmc of 83 KIAS, I should be able to fly easily at 90 KIAS with full flaps and dunlaps dangling... ;)"Sorry I didn't see this Sunday Bill--I am getting ready to fly out of town for a few days so won't be visiting the forums much this week. I've actually had no problems with the a/c meeting these speeds--I welcomed your post because I was wondering if the Turbo Commander could really fly that slow when dirty. I guess it can. Can't imagine why you're stalling at 114KIAS, but it isn't happening to me. I really do love the way this aircraft flies!-John

Guest Bob I

Hi,How do you make the engines feed from both tanks. There is no fuel selector, and all the fuel feeds from one tank, which results in a wing heavy condition in short order. Thanks.Layabout... in sunny Florida

Guest rleiro

Basically there is no difference. Even if winglets are supposed to save fuel and improve efficiency, in the case of the 690B there is not such a difference since it is used basically in short and medium distances and in relatively low altitudes. Thus I'd dare to say that winglets in the 690 are useless (but looks really good :)).Hope this helps, Thanks for downloading the 690B, really appreciate it.Regards,

Very sorry to hear about your repaint policy. You claim not be against VA's, but you don't appear to be on their side either. I write this from the perspective of a VA member who would love to see your product wearing the colors of my VA, but am not allowed to as my VA is not seen by your company as "as real as it gets".Excuse me, it's a flight "Simulator". It's not real, and it will never be real. Why in the world would you restrict users of your product from painting the Commander in whatever color they choose? It makes no sense to me whatsoever.After reading on other VA forums, it also apprears you won't entertain any discussion at all about the policy on your forums as you continually and immediatly delete any posts that come up about the subject. Very sad.Oh well....

I have no gauges with the VC model but the no VC model does have all of the gausges. Where do I get the gauges for the VC model?Also what are the propper trim settings for this plane? It says to trim the plane but I don't think it said what the trim ahould be.

I would be grateful for an answer to the trim query also.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett