Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonkey

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B is out...

Guest rleiro

Joseph. Can you be more specific what are the missing gauges?. If possible, please give us a screenshot so I can help you better.Thanks,

Guest rleiro

About Trim settings:We'll post in our forum detailed information about trim settings of our 690B. Possibly next week since most of us are quite busy right now with our current errands.About Fuel Tanks Crossfeed: Such feature is not available in the 690B, however we will consult in the service manual and clear out your doubts.About Repaint Policy: I know most of you perhaps are greatly disappointed. And WE are NOT against Virtual Airlines. If you check out the latest uploads there's even a repaint for a Portuguese Airline (Omni Avia

>Sorry I didn't see this Sunday Bill--I am getting ready to fly>out of town for a few days so won't be visiting the forums>much this week. I've actually had no problems with the a/c>meeting these speeds--I welcomed your post because I was>wondering if the Turbo Commander could really fly that slow>when dirty. I guess it can. Can't imagine why you're>stalling at 114KIAS, but it isn't happening to me. I really>do love the way this aircraft flies!I have been very busy with development work for ESDG, so haven't had an opportunity to check on this further. Since you say you can maintain the a/c in stable flight near the Vso speed, I'll have to accept that it can... ;)I'll try to make some time later today to check further on this issue.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest av84fun

Thanks for your hard work as a GIFT to the sim community. As for "bugs" I can't seem to get the Flight Director symbolic "aircraft" on the AH to disappear.As for the AH itself that and only that guage is not rendered in nearly as "photorealistic" a manner as most other such guages...either freeware or payware...that I have in my hangar.Odd that that particular guage isn't up to the standards of your other guages. Just IMHO.Regards,Jim

>Joseph. Can you be more specific what are the missing>gauges?. If possible, please give us a screenshot so I can>help you better.>>Thanks,All of them! I have no gauges at all on the 2d panel of the VC model. It's not really that big of a deal though, I'll just fly the no VC model.

Guest racartron

From the sound of your problem, it appears the aircraft.cfg listing for the vc version is corrupted. the vc version requires the following:model=vcpanel=vcwhereas the no-vc model has no entries:model=panel=If you're in the vc mode but the panel entry is blank, you would get gauges in the 2D mode but nothing in the vc mode.Just a thought.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Guest enave

Great aircraft! I'm loving it! Thanks for all your hard work.Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do when the plane is uploaded to a certain flight sim website, that I wont name, but it's the one that always uploads files without permission and if you ask him to take them down, he threatens to sue you. Do you have a plan for that? Because, I bet the plane has already been uploaded there.

Guest rleiro

I don't think so... ;)Regards,

From Paul Kane:"Excuse me, it's a flight "Simulator". It's not real, and it will never be real. Why in the world would you restrict users of your product from painting the Commander in whatever color they choose? It makes no sense to me whatsoever."Excuse ME, but this is a package given to the community to freely use by Veneaviones. They haven't charged anyone a dime for it. If that means they release it with restrictions, then so be it. Giving them a hassle over the issue is going to discourage such projects in the future. I suspect the majority of us don't belong to a VA and would be pretty po'd if some VA gets future projects dumped because of the attitude and lip they give a developer.You are right--it isn't real, and never will be real. So imagine that your livery is on the aircraft, for goodness sake, and give these guys a break.-John

John,The fact that this model is so nice and they've spent so much time developing this offering for us for free is why it pains me beyond belief that I can't paint it in my VA colors. I understand releasing freeware, and for that matter payware with restrictions. Every developer is free to protect their CODE in anyway they can. I am a BIG supporter of FSD, even though their protection scheme is seen by many as over the top. But to put restrictions on repaints? Huh? What are they protecting? And any attempt to even discuss the matter on their forum is met with a deleted post! How nice!You may not fly for a VA John, but I do. A couple of them. In fact, thousands in this hobby fly for VA's. Unfortunately not one single member of those VA's, or any member of ANY VA in this whole hobby, can repaint the the Commander in their colors. Unless of course you fly for Americal Airlines Virtual, or BA Virtual etc. But I don't think they fly the Commander. So we're left with all those custom VA's who'd love to fly the Commander in their colors, but can't. I am completely dumbfounded by this approach to securing their product.Veneaviones, thanks for your efforts. I really, really do appreciate it, but I don't want to "imagine" my VA's colors on your plane.

Guest moonkey

Just a quick question: are the aircraft textures 32bit and can they be converted to dxt3? thanks Veneaviones for a really good airplane.

Guest racartron

"...Veneaviones, thanks for your efforts. I really, really do appreciate it, but I don't want to "imagine" my VA's colors on your plane..."Why not just fly it for your personal pleasure then? You can always go paint all the other Aero commanders -- from Milton Shupe & Co -- for your VA. At last count I believe they have 4 different versions available.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Guest rleiro

Sure you can change the format of the textures. However, this will affect the quality of the textures while displaying in the model.Regards,

The textures are in DXT3, however most are 1024x1024. I resized the interior textures (cabin, VC Panel) to 512x512 and received a big boost in performance and loading times--I resized about 6-7 textures and posted the texture names in another thread here--search on "Johnci" and you should find the thread.I then created a new aircraft--"VC Lite" and switch back and forth between the hi-res and lo-res interior textures depending on what I'm interested in.-John

I agree here with John 512 * 512 is in general faster loading textures :-) with the same quality...Andr

André