Sign in to follow this  
TNguitar

Addon planes that are easy like default ones?

Hi guys.  Seems like wanting a few more planes equals wanting real, complicated planes.  I watched a vid on youtube of a kid starting up a pmdg 747 and it was 15 minutes long.  I don't want that much reality, I am happy with the default planes and amount of compexity with them, but I too would love to have a 757, 767 777, Airbus 380 and such, so are there any companies that make these with around the same complexity as the default planes in fsx?

One last question, I flew the default 747-400 for the first time and when I got the ils runway code I put it in but could not for the life of me find where to put therunway heading in at?  Can someone let me know where it goes?   Thanks.

Hi guys.  Seems like wanting a few more planes equals wanting real, complicated planes.  I watched a vid on youtube of a kid starting up a pmdg 747 and it was 15 minutes long.  I don't want that much reality, I am happy with the default planes and amount of compexity with them, but I too would love to have a 757, 767 777, Airbus 380 and such, so are there any companies that make these with around the same complexity as the default planes in fsx?

One last question, I flew the default 747-400 for the first time and when I got the ils runway code I put it in but could not for the life of me find where to put therunway heading in at?  Can someone let me know where it goes?   Thanks.

Check out Project Opensky aircraft - http://poskyarchive.com/. They offer nice planes that work in FSX that are using default textures etc.

Also try out VirtualCol - they have a Embraer 170/175 and 190/195 product available at Simmarket.

Finally, TDS (Tenkuu Developer's Studio) has a lovely Boeing 737 (including the new split winglet model) as well as Boeing 787 aircraft.

Have fun!

You might try the  Captain sim 777 you can either start it up using CTRL+E or using the realistic process. You can enter your flight plan in the FMC or just use the default FSX flight planner and it'll be loaded into the FMC for you. Basically it gives you the ability to start off at a near default level of complexity then as your skills grow get to a near PMDG level of complexity.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

After tuning the ILS in the nav radio, change the course to the proper heading.

It doesn't take 10 minutes to start up, don't let that complexity overwhelm you. It is very fun to learn how to properly operate an airplane. You can import flight plans into the fmc and have any complex airplane up and ready to go by the time you push back from the gate.

I agree with AAL125. My opinion is.. having an unrealistic aircraft is quite boring, take it from me, I had to use default/ unrealistic aircrafts for a while and it was very boring. if you don't want to have a hardcore aircraft like pmdg level, look at quality wings or captain sim.  Plus, having a custom fms is the best part

Watch a few reviews and/or flights on youtube or Twitch. I use to think just like you, but once I laid my hands on a realistic aircraft, my opinion quickly changed. :)

Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 is all a good one as you can always keep it running or you can let its co pilot start the thing for you, all you have to do is enter your flight plan.

-Paul-

Also, the F-lite series from Just Flight is generally 'cheap and easy'.

Agreed although the Project Airbus A320 series is pretty much as good (better visually IMO) and it's free. But they do offer many variants cheaply and their 757 is actually free and good as well.

There are lots of good basic freeware aircraft if you just want to expand your hangar - as mentioned TDS do a very good 737 and 787, Project Opensky a good 747 and 777, Just Flight the 757, SkySpirit for the 767, Project Airbus for the 320 series (318/319/320/321) and A380 and Thomas Ruth for the A330 and A340. You can usually find full downloadable packages at places like Rikoooo, fs-freeware and simviation

Try the Freemium 757, if it's still available.

http://www.justflight.com/product/757-jetliner-freemium

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The Captain Sim aircraft are probably closest to your requirements if you just want to jump in and fly and as a bonus they are very nice to look at both inside and out. Their best ones are argueably the C-130 and 707 but their 757 isn't bad either and they also produce a 767 and 777.

Bill

If you want a really fun plane to jump into and fly also consider the Virtavia Boeing C-17. It may be a military transport but it is great fun to try to get this huge jet into and out of short strips!

Bill