Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

A customer service experience

I think when we experience good or bad customer service that it should be shared, and I'm sure we're all aware of some of the less than helpful providers of FS products.  So here's what happened to me last night.

It started with me sending this email to Flightsimstore customer service via their website;

"Hi guys, this is a bit embarrassing, but last night I ordered some ORBX stuff under order FSSxxxxxxx and it included Stapleford Abbotts. That's not embarrassing in itself, it's just that I've already got the bloody thing on DVD! Buying FS stuff after drinking wine leads to this kind of thing I suppose, but I was wondering if there's some way of removing it from the above order and letting me get something else, like maybe Shoreham?

I know it's my fault, but if anything could be done, that'd be handy.

Cheers."

I then followed up their auto reply email with a photo of the bookshelf containing the DVD and this morning I found the following email had arrived;

"hahahaha that’s awesome..

I have updated your order mate

Enjoy! and the Red wine too!

If you want the triple installer for those ORBX products that you do have then you have the option of purchasing a Cross Grade License

Cheers"

And upon checking my account at FSS, I see that that within some 6 hours of my initial message to them, my order now contains Shoreham instead of Stapleford.

I just thought it worth sharing.

The funny thing is, not only that I've had the Stapleford DVD for over a year and never installed it, but that I was actually looking for the CRM DVD to re-install on to my new PC (now almost a year old!) and thinking maybe as the sale is on, I might get Jackson and Yellowstone West to go with it.  Well bugger me, not only do I find I've already got Stapleford, but neatly stacked below it was both Jackson and Yellowstone West too...........and they've never been installed either!

Cheers

Paul Golding

I can understand his amusement. :P

Glad to hear you got to deal with the helpful people around, I can confirm this is not always the case. However, my experience with FSS has always been good.

Cheers!

Maarten

Thanks for sharing this--we hear examples of bad customer service all the time but it's good to hear when it's done well!

I remember a double purchase from the feelThere store. I didn't noticed my mistake myself; it was their service provider who contacted me, enquired about my second order, and arranged everything with the shop and my payment provider.

When I thanked them via e-mail and stated "case closed" they still found time to reply with a 'You're welcome'. A really nice experience.

Yes Flightsimstore is a very good shop.

Kimo

Thanks for sharing this--we hear examples of bad customer service all the time but it's good to hear when it's done well!

Yes, important to hear when the service has been good too!

Wine has also cost me a few pounds in duplicate purchases over the years - as Paul says not a good time to make a purchase!!

Bill

Good on them!

DJ

It is excellent when you get this kind of service.

I bought the A2A C172 because I saw how one of their guys provided assistance to another simmer. Sadly, I didn't take note of who the person was but I was so impressed with his approach and attitude that I thought Accusim deserved some form of reward for that. I've never been into GA simmimg, but I am really glad that I bought that Cessna as it has become my favourite way of whiling away a few lazy hour flights here and there. And as soon as I have my scenery files reinstalled, I'm getting their Cherokee as well. All because one guy was willing to get on Skype and watch a customer with the Cessna in order to help him.

Now that's worth a sale in my book.

I've had excellent experience with the Flightsimstore too.

Quality Wings is another that deserves to be recognized for excellent customer service. Last Christmas Eve after purchasing their 757 I had problems. I emailed them and they got right back to me...on Christmas Eve...and worked with me to correct the problem. That level of customer service is outstanding. When their 787 is available I will be in line to purchase.

Dave

Good Stuff. 

Yes, it is refreshing isn't it? I feel the same. When I get treated that way I always come back and I make sure I promote the company.

Any business can tell their employees to be nice and respectful to their customers, but that sort of response that we have seen here,

is just a down right nice and respectful person.

Just Good People

Bob

I too have had only positive experiences with the FlightSim Store!

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I did something similar with Just Flight. They sorted it out, absolutely no questions asked. Later, a download manger got carried away with a limited download number from A2A, and used them all up in seconds. One email and a few hours later it was fixed. Another one who is big on personal service is Pacific Islands Simulation. And on top of that, I had a user induced error with something from Orbx that the guy who made the scenery was able to help me out with in minutes.

A good thread. I'm sure there are more positive stories than negative, but people only vent about the bad ones...

Mike

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I just had to come in here and express the very same type of experience I had with Flightsim Store on an even more embarrassing situation that I will not detail here...

Anyway, I sent them my email, using the support on their web site, and thinking to me that it was certainly useless... In a few hours I had a kind and concise reply and my problem was solved in the best possible way.

Very very good customer Support!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've had the same sort of friendly help from Fly Tampa and PMDG.  In both cases the problem was me being a bit of a plonker, but they were still happy to help out.  And I will continue to purchase from them :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)