Sign in to follow this  
michael179

All ILS/LOC are Misaligned

Hi all,

A few months ago I got into Prepar3D and this issue has been more and more predominant lately.

When flying the Majestic Q400, the Airbus Extended 320/321, or really any other aircraft, there are lots of problems when landing an ILS.

For example, yesterday on final with the Q400, established on the ILS 06L at CYYZ (Toronto Pearson), I actually ended up landing on the green grade between 06L and taxiway C. This is a big difference since I didn't actually land on the runway and can cause damage to the plane.

Another example, the Q400 on the ILS 08 at CYTZ (City Centre at TORONTO), the glide slope and LOC are messed up. I landed to the right of that runway and almost in the water, before the runway, thus proving the g/s wasn't working properly.

I've tested to make sure it's not the winds by setting the winds to calm or 000/00.

The Airbus 320/321 does a better job of landing properly, but still is sometimes off course.

Both the A320/321 and the Q400 have the latest Navigraph cycle installed, or second latest. 1405 or 1406.

Please let me know how I can fix this, if there's an easy fix or if it's something I need to change for each airport's runways. And while I haven't tested every airport, it happens at almost every airport that I fly to, especially in the Q400.

Thanks!

Mike

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

Hi Mike,

I could be wrong, but AFAIK the Q400 isn't rated and not capable of CAT III and/or auto land. You always have to take manual control of the plane and if you cant see the runway at minimums to land properly, you have to go around or even divert.

Airbus on the other hand should be capable of this, but again AFAIK only if the airport has the right equipment with the required accuracy. Not sure if we can rely on this being actually simulated on purpose, but inaccuracies in the default scenery basically cause the same thing. Commercial addons should do better in that respect.

Regards 

LORBY-SI

Hi Mike,

The example airport you provided ( CYTZ ) is working as intended, i would suggest you check the charts for the ILS08 approach and you will see it has a 3 degree offset on the localizer so you would need to do a Non Precision Approach or NPA which the Aerosoft Airbus can do.

Check your charts before you take off so you know the type of approach you will need to make on landing :)

-Paul-

I have same problem with the IFly 737 at Toronto only when Landing at RWY 23.

The charts for runway 23 match whats in the sim so it could be an issue with the nav data

-Paul-

FSX and P3D do not model autoland. Also you need two things, an a/c capable of autoland and the equipment at the airport. There MAY be a specific ILS that's not correct but the overwhelming majority are just fine. If you are having that issue at various airports, I suggest checking the learning center to better understand ILS approaches.

Also remember that the data in FSX and P3D is several years old, so if you are using current charts you MAY have a difference.

I think though that the OP is trying to autoland where it can't be done.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

"For example, yesterday on final with the Q400, established on the ILS 06L at CYYZ (Toronto Pearson), I actually ended up landing on the green grade between 06L and taxiway C"

The error is the same in FSX and P3D (without custom scenery) .. very little ... and should present no problem for the approach and landing.

You should Go Around if you do not have a good landing situation.

I took a screenshot of the ILS error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jliufj8pmzhurnr/ils6L-CYYZ.JPG

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ok thanks for the replies. I guess I will just fly manually then when about 300ft AGL for the Q400.

Mike

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

Mike,

"I guess I will just fly manually then when about 300ft AGL for the Q400."

Were you attempting an autoland in th Q400?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Mike,

"I guess I will just fly manually then when about 300ft AGL for the Q400."

Were you attempting an autoland in th Q400?

No I wan't attempting to autoland, I would flare the plane and bring it down the last 100ft or so. But I was expecting a proper glide path and LOC course at least.

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

Hi Mike,

The example airport you provided ( CYTZ ) is working as intended, i would suggest you check the charts for the ILS08 approach and you will see it has a 3 degree offset on the localizer so you would need to do a Non Precision Approach or NPA which the Aerosoft Airbus can do.

Check your charts before you take off so you know the type of approach you will need to make on landing :)

ILS 08 is an ILS and is a precision approach. An ILS can be aligned by up to 5o degrees.

ILS 08 is an ILS and is a precision approach. An ILS can be aligned by up to 5o degrees.

Ok, I guess since it wasn't a CAT III ILS approach the ILS wasn't that precise. I will try the ILS 06L at CYYZ again in the A320 to see if I land on the grass again or on the runway. 

Mike

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

Ok, I guess since it wasn't a CAT III ILS approach the ILS wasn't that precise. I will try the ILS 06L at CYYZ again in the A320 to see if I land on the grass again or on the runway. 

Mike

An ILS is a precision approach regardless of Category.

yeah my bad, The approach at CYTZ on runway 08 could be classed as a LDA Approach with glide slope so you would be expected to perform a sidestep on to the runway or perform a manual landing based on visual rules. I do believe the Aerosoft Airbus A320 can do this type of landing providing you have the aircraft/auto pilot correctly configured and it will place you on the center line.

-Paul-

Mike

I checked the stock CYYZ in ADE and the ILS for 06L is miss-aligned so you will need to fix that but CYTZ is working as intended with a 3 degree offset.

-Paul-