Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

What happen to those 780 Ti 6GB?

I thought I read these would be available in April?  Getting a little "ancy" (is that a word?), waiting for these so I saw at Newegg an EVGA 780 6GB for $570.  Anybody using one of these across three displays in P3D (or FSX) and care to comment?

Think I should wait?  Break down and get the overpriced Titan?

Thx,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I thought I read these would be available in April?  Getting a little "ancy" (is that a word?), waiting for these so I saw at Newegg an EVGA 780 6GB for $570.  Anybody using one of these across three displays in P3D (or FSX) and care to comment?

Think I should wait?  Break down and get the overpriced Titan?

Thx,

Clutch

I don't have the 6GB version, but the 3GB 780 and here's what I've been experiencing:

Dual 1080p screens, REX HD (4096) with FSDT airports, ASN. With addon aircraft, specifically from PMDG, Majestic, and Flight 1 Fokker, my vRAM has never overshot 2GB of usage, so to me, the GTX 780 3GB is more than enough for just FSX. If you want more frame rates, upgrade the processor instead. From what I've been hearing, the processor is the key to higher frame rates.

However - if you plan to run Battlefield 4 or the new GTA 5 coming to PC this fall, I'd go with the 6GB to be on the safe side. I've noticed even GTA 4 exceeds the 3GB limit after using ENBs and the mods that I have coded.

Hope that helps.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I was waiting for the 6Gb version but reading around I get the impression that Nvidia are not happy with the idea because of conflict with Titans. I gave up waiting and bought 3Gb ti. Seems to be okay even at 3x 1920 by 1200 resolution.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Afaik there indeed won't be 780 Ti's with 6 GB because they would come too close (or even surpass) the Titans. So far I've only seen regular 780's with 6 GB. I am thinking about getting the Asus version for my new PC. It seems to be quite silent and OC'ed out of the box. You can even easily OC it to surpass 780 Ti (and 290X) performance. I also read at least one report from someone who said that going from a 780 Ti to a 780 with 6 GB gave smoother performance/fluidity in P3D! 

When P3D v2.x has SLI support will it be capable of using all 6 GB across the two 3 GB 780 Ti cards?

- Bill Magann

When P3D v2.x has SLI support will it be capable of using all 6 GB across the two 3 GB 780 Ti cards?

Keep in mind you don't get 6GB of usable VRAM in a 2x3GB SLI. Most of the data is mirrored so you still have about 3GB to work with.

Whether that's enough for an 780Ti 3GB SLI running P3D, someone with experience in the sim / SLI might help you, personally I can't

Yea, that's why I'm thinking better to go with the 6GB 780 since for now P3D can only take advantage of one card.  Then if I do add a 2nd I will have 6GB in SLI which would be nice for the three displays.

Can't imagine paying nearly twice as much would give me that much more with a Titan. But only those who have it could really relate I guess.  I a,m impressed how well my 2GB 670 holds up across three.  I am usually in the 30's-40's except in populated add-on areas, down to 20's but still smooth.  So I'm thinking that extra 4GB might be just the ticket.  May take the plunge....  :o

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Well, just ordered the EVGA 780 6GB.  Did not want to wait any longer for a Ti to appear or never appear.  All the reviews get hi marks - good bang for the buck.  So I wanted it in time for the 4th of July weekend to put P3D to the test across three screens.  Looking forward to it! :P

I look forward to hear how it is with just one card.  I'm rebuilding a system for flight simulation and plan on getting 2 of these 6gb 780's for SLI in anticipation of also using three screens.  I want them now, but I can't bring myself to buy all of this upgrade stuff yet until I'm ready to go over to P3D, until P3D fully supports SLI, and DCS Edge is out. 

780Ti 6GB's are indeed coming...and I will wait for one!

Here's the skinny:

http://videocardz.com/50008/evga-preparing-geforce-gtx-780-gtx-780-ti-6gb-memory

That's not what that image means.  Videocardz is the *worst* rumor monger site out there.  They post everything they hear.  

That image is talking about the already existing 780 6GB cards, not the TI model.  There will never be a 6GB TI, it would steal sales from the Titan Black.  

Just getting settled in with my new 780 6GB.  Glad I went with that over a 780ti with less ramas the extra ram helps on the three screen wrap around.  Gives me lots of head room to try different setting configs.  so I am happy.  When SLI becomes ready in P3D I'll pick up a second so I will have a nice balance of power and VRAM.