Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Anybody have the Just Flight Canberra PR9 ?

If so I would like to know if you have the same problem I have? In P3D I can't turn the knobs on the HSI or VOR. The FSX version does not have this issue.

Yes it is the same here, I had not noticed until now as I was using the rotaries on my Goflight MCP to turn them.

Hopefully they will patch it soon as this is a fantastic addon, I have been critical of Just Flight in the past but they knocked it out of the park with this one.

It also needs a Nav/Gps switch to couple the A/P to the HSI which I ended up adding myself.

Sadly I've given up on JustFlight. Too many addons with too many flaws. They're obviously rushing stuff out without testing it properly much like Carenado.

The Canberra looks really nice but going on previous disappointments with their addons I've passed on it so far.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I think that the Canberra is the first release in a new line of more accurately modelled aircraft, TrafficPilot. I have seen very positive comments from a lot of people. Interestingly, there appears to be a demo version, so maybe it's worth checking out if you're interested in this type of aircraft?

The next release in the series will be a Panavia Tornado GR1.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well it is certainly complex enough, you will only get the best out of it by studying the documentation.

A huge step up from the usual Just Flight stuff, with this and the Aerosoft Lightning getting a lot of flight time here it's been a nice change from FMC's

I agree the Canberra is excellent very rewarding to fly, apart from the HSI/VOR adjusting knobs bug, also with me the rudder and nose wheel steering fails to operate occasionally on landing. The Aerosoft Lightning is something else, imagine flying for real on an interception at 500mph at 1500ft over the sea in the pitch dark without a radio altimeter.

I was privileged to have a go in a Lightning sim at RAF Coltishall when the Lightnings were operating from there, quite an experience for a PPL.

That "sim" must have been pretty basic, Youngsy. How long ago was that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wouldnt have thought it was 'basic', while in Germany in the 1970's (RAF) i had the chance to see the Buccanner S2b sim, it was a full size, fully functional cockpit (front & back seats). The image was projected BUT the scenery was realtime 3d models, one wall of the building was a complete 3d landscape complete in every detail with a camera on moving arm system, where ever the aircraft was flown the camera would move acordingly.

The instructor station was huge and was like a NASA flight control station, every failure possable could be simulated. The aircraft didnt move but most deffo wasnt basic and everything worked inside as it should.

At the time it prob cost the same as a complete aircraft ... How things have changed!

Ive got the PR9 (in FSX) ... Its deff a step up for JF, not perfect but its nice.

I was on the beta team for the Aerosoft Lightning and thats a good'un too, great for intercepting AI traffic, can be a bit of a habdfull if it gets away from you.

Rich

Christopher

Early 70's, as Rich has described, I believe if you lost control and crashed the camera would hit the moving 3D scenery  causing lots of damage,  Early 80's I had flight in F111 SIM at USAF Lakenheath with a weapons officer friend to give me instructions, he mused if you to eject you float down together in the titanium bathtub giving time to get your stories right.

Happy days.

Roy