Sign in to follow this  
pilotstu

FSX crash uning LINDA and PMDG 737NGX

Hi,

I am in the process of wiring and programming my home built Overhead panels.

I am using Arduino boards that have been flashed and converted into 70 button joysticks called UnoJoy.

LINDA recognises them and I have assigned the light panel switches to be used with the 737NG. all good so far.

The problem is when I load the PMDG 737NG, the sim crashes. When I start again with the Arduino disconnected, there are no problems but obviously can't use the panel. I have been using LINDA with my flight Yoke, throttles, etc without any problem for a long time now. so hope someone can help?

This may not be a LINDA problem but I have to ask. I will also ask in PMDG and Arduino forums.

Thanks

Hi pilotstu

I am unfamiliar with the Arduino boards and the Unojoy so my answer will be limited.

Which version of LINDA are you using (1.13 or 2.0.7)?  Have you tried starting FSX and PMDG 737NGX first before running LINDA?  If that runs ok, open up the LINDA console, then connect your UnoJoy which LINDA should report a new input device being connected.  Then click Reload Lua engine. Check what is reported on the Console (only from the restart).  Does that work?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like i'm using v1.7. Is that out of date???

I will try the other things you suggest tonight.

Thank you

Well at the top it says v 1.7 and in the (about) tab, it says v1.1.1

The version 1.7 you are seeing is possibly that for the PMDG module. To check the LINDA version go to Settings and About LINDA - see top right corner.

The latest versions of LINDA and the module for PMDG 737NGA are both 2.0.  see download threads.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew