Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Shimmering lights driving me nuts, whats your fix?

I've tried out the 'Bioshock 2' profile with Nvidia inspector, doesn't seem to help much. 

How are you guys minimizing the shimmering lights? 

Cheers.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Did you try SGSS supersampling settings in NI? Maybe 4x or 8x helps?

Spirit

4x sgss in nvidia inspector is the solution. No penalty on a gtx780ti, maybe some on lower end cards.

4x sgss in nvidia inspector is the solution. No penalty on a gtx780ti, maybe some on lower end cards.

There is a penalty to pay if the weather is not clear. Even the mighty TITAN can't maintain acceptable framerates on a cloudy day. Something that will hopefully be fixed in 2.3

The problem with the heavy clouds isn't AA, it's the shadows.  I really don't notice any penalty with the 780ti.

The problem with the heavy clouds isn't AA, it's the shadows.  I really don't notice any penalty with the 780ti.

It can also depend on what weather engine you're running.  With ASN, cloud layers reduced to 3 and shadows off, I can still bring my system to a halt by selecting maximum cloud coverage on an overcast day.  High or medium cloud coverage is fine.  Seems like there's still some work to do to optimize cloud rendering - or maybe we're just hitting natural limits.