Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

How close to realism

so are they making an SP2?

From what I can gather from their updates, it is planned. But it's not at the top of the to-do list at the moment.

do you guys know whats going to be included.im guessing the WXR will be functional and dlink will be added in.

haha

That's pretty legit, actually.  My favorite customer was Colgan when I worked the ramp because I was pretty chummy with that pilot group.  If there was ever a chance of a delay between a Colgan SF34 and someone else's ACARS-equipped ERJ, I'd ask the SF34 crew if we could push the other guys first to get their ACARS OUT time on the money, and most of the Colgan crews would just report the OUT time as on time when they called their numbers in later.

So...pretty accurate  :P

Oh Kyle you're talking about me aren't you. During pushback I'd always be heard over the intercom going "so what do you wanna call it? 5 Early?"    It meant $$$$$$ for everyone.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Oh Kyle you're talking about me aren't you. During pushback I'd always be heard over the intercom going "so what do you wanna call it? 5 Early?"    It meant $$$$$$ for everyone.

haha - yep. It was kinda nice. That pilot group was usually pretty cool, too. Some of the other airlines' jet jockeys thought that they rule the world (not that there weren't a few CJC people who also thought that).

Kyle Rodgers

ACARS is a very shadowy feature for an average simmer. I have seen people requesting ACARS without having any clue what that would entail, so... yes. I see where Kyle is coming from.

Myself, I actually have a working ACARS setup here at home, and have for several years.

To put it in a very simple form, it's packet radio for airplanes. 

Myself, I really have little use for it as far as the sim.. Don't really care if they added it or not, except I

suppose it would be handy to get weather reports for the airports I'm heading to inroute.

With the radio and antenna I have, I can receive typical airliners at cruise out to about 300 miles or so,

plus or minus..

IE: I'm in Houston, and I can receive jets at cruise up to about the red river TX/OK border or so..

And of course the typical ACARS chatter from the local airports.  Lots from KIAH..

Mostly gate info, wx info, etc.. Fairly boring overall..  :/  If you actually listen to the signals themselves,

it's like quick digital sounding squawks about the same as ham radio's packet radio.

I also have a selcal decoder rigged up for my HF radios.. Both use my ham radios as the receivers, and

my puter to decode and display.