Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

The T7 story

The T7 story

Once upon a time in a land far  away, there lived a pilot named Robert who also had an aircraft toy shop. He was known throughout the kingdom as the maker of the best aircraft that the world had ever known. He had a band of people known as developers who helped him make these toys. There was one man named Ryan who spoke to all the children in a place called a forum. The forum was run by the mayor of the kingdom affectionately called uncle Tom. There were also the testers of the toys who checked all the toys before they were released to the children to make sure they worked and were safe to play with. One of these testers was named Kyle, also known as RTFM. The children were quite happy playing with their older toys known as the NGX series, when Robert announced that there was to be a new toy called the T7. The children jumped with glee at this announcement, and were very excited . The majority were happy playing with their older toys until the new one was available, whilst a few impatient ones kept asking "when will it be ready" The shop owner kept saying "when it is ready".  Over the course of time some children became grumpy that the shop owner wasn't working fast enough as they wanted it now! Eventually the new toy was released, and all the children were so happy, they all congratulated the shop owner, and the new toy was a treat to own and play with. Some children did not play nice in uncle Tom's forum and he had to tell them to behave or they would be banished from the land. After a short time some of the children were complaining about the new toy and were saying things like..."There is no 2D panel", " There is no weather radar", "When it rains outside I cannot see it on the windshield" "Cold and dark has a problem" . So the shop owner announced that there would be a free to own Service pack known as SP1, which would make this wonderful toy even better, and at the same time there would be a new toy called a T7 300 to buy. This made most children happy, but a few rivet counter type children kept on and on about how long it was taking to get sp1. Then just as it was about to be released the shop owner had to go to hospital and the release was delayed. Most of the children wrote to the shop owner using uncle Tom's forum to wish him well and not to worry about the release as health was more important. But some grumpy children thought that it should still be released even though the shop owner was poorly. All the good children raised a glass of lemonade and said "CHEERS" to the shop owner, the developers, uncle Tom and the testers, who have given us hundreds if not thousands of hours of continuous fun using their toys, and happy to wait for the SP1 when it is ready. The ones that did not agree were so small in numbers that they could not be seen in the crowd of happy users. The children were sure that they would live happily after, when SP1 arrived.......until the rivet counters start on the new T7 300......

Kind regards

John Calleja

I must get out more

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Great Story!! Does it have a happy ending? And they played long and happily ever after?  :lol:

You should make a living as "the storyteller!"

Regards,

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

Moral of the story: PMDG should stop modeling rivets on their aircraft so there will be no rivets to count.

Cristi Neagu

(...) There was one man named Ryan who spoke to all the children in a place called a forum.  (...)

I read your tale up to that line and couldn't go on reading with laughter ...   :LMAO:

Great, this storyteller surely knows how to silence the impatient children.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That is great!!!!

Regards,

Claude Franklin

haha - thumbs up from me.

I like my nickname...  :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers

wow... a bit too polarizing for me, there are all those 'unhappy boys' who do not complain because they know the shop owner will not be able to do more with the current staff he has, but still they are unhappy because the toy was expensive and they expect improvements

if these boys would be able to buy this quality elsewhere (and there are some signs of competition rising), they'd spend their dollars on someone else's toys, and what is more worrying they would go away without ever having said anything.

so, we should be rather happy to have these 'moaners' who at least try to keep shop owners on their toes. basic market rules... it is just a matter of dealing right with their complaints from an official side

Love it!

Does chapter two involve the naughty children who start moaning about the older toy, because it was not quite right and although the toy shop was working on making things to improve the T7, working on how to add them to the older toy, as well as designing even newer toys, they were still was not happy because the older toy did not match exactly the bigger toys made by the Boeing toy shop.

wow... a bit too polarizing for me, there are all those 'unhappy boys' who do not complain because they know the shop owner will not be able to do more with the current staff he has, but still they are unhappy because the toy was expensive and they expect improvements

if these boys would be able to buy this quality elsewhere (and there are some signs of competition rising), they'd spend their dollars on someone else's toys, and what is more worrying they would go away without ever having said anything.

so, we should be rather happy to have these 'moaners' who at least try to keep shop owners on their toes. basic market rules... it is just a matter of dealing right with their complaints from an official side

So unless I've missed something, and I freely admit it is entirely possible that I did since I've been at work for the past five weeks and therefore haven't been able to follow much of what was going on, from what I recall, most people who were complaining about things were complaining that service pack one still hasn't been released or that it's taking too long. So PMDG should rush and release sooner? Again, maybe I've missed something.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.