Sign in to follow this  
Guest _ak

Feelthere PIC ERJ145 performance

I would like to know what is the performance of the Pic ERJ in terms of framerates and fluidity, especially in comparison with the PMDG 737.I have only a P4 2.4 GHZ with 512 MB and a 64MB graphics Card.The PMDG 737 is just flyable (especially in terminal areas) on my machine.Thanks in advance.Guy

Guest bonjourmoi44

The config tool w/the ERJ helps a lot w/frame rate increase for those with lower end systems. I have better FPS w/the ERJ than with the Level D 767, after using the config tool. Make sure to use the tool correctly, however, or else the plane is not much fun. Check the ERJ forum for good advice.

Thanks for the info, but If the framerates are only half the PMDG 737 values, it will be unusable on my machine.Would be interested if there are people with a P2.4 (or in that range) who can use it.Guy

Guy, it performs quite poorly on my system as well. Of particular annoyance, is the fact that when you change views in the 2D panel view, there is a very prominent delay in populating the glass gauges. I don't have this problem with ANY other aircraft, and it leads me to believe there are some critical programming issues that probably lead to the relatively poor performance it has overall. When the plane initializes, there is a 30 to 40 second delay in populating the glass gauges as well. Again, only this product does this. I have set the display perf sliders almost completely left, which gives very low update rates in the different gauges. The sound package is unpleasant, though may be realistic. The overhead panel graphics really look crappy to me as well. This product is highly overrated--but that's just my opinion. You can tell I have sour grapes--almost $40 for this was a total waste of hard-earned $$. I currently use and very much enjoy PMDG's 737 & B1900D, and the wonderful Piper Meridian, and a few others.Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I'm still evaluating the product as I have only had it for about 5 days now. I did discover yesterday that it actually performs better in the VC than in the 2D; weird, huh? I was getting about 17 fps in 2D, but 23 in VC. I haven't experimented too much with the sliders though. The plane was a bit choppy on the ground at KATL with scattered clouds and Ultimate Traffic at 100%; something I didn't notice with the PMDG under the same conditions. Though I don't think it is a complete waste of money as I think it appears to be the best regional jet available, I do agree it hasn't met the standard set by PMDG. MikeP5 3.0GHz, 1GB ram, GeForce 5600 256 MB, LCD monitor.

Guest Panman

Critical programming my eye!! Just because you get problems on your computer does not mean that there are critical programming errors.I don't have any issues at all with this aircraft. I have my framerates locked at 20 and it never drops below 20 except when using heavy add-on scenery such as Heathrow Pro.

As it is often the case with games,it seems then that it performs better on the Athlon!If people with a P4 3.5 GHZ get problems, I think on my P4 2.4 GHZ it will probably be a slide-show.Guy

OK Panman, tell me why it takes 40 seconds for the glass cockpit to display? Doesn't happen on any other product I have. Something tells me the initialization process is taking at least 10x more than say the PMDG 737. The 2d panel shows up and sits there for 40 seconds before the gauges populate. Seems like it is routing through the configurator, and that there is some serious problems with how the sliders maybe do there thing. Yes, I think it's a programming inefficiency. My computer runs everything very very well.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest _ak

Only if you set up your sliders to 1 or so, then displays have very small chances to be drawn.Interesting, what standard set by PMDG?It's very funny when APU works with empty fuel tanks, as real as it gets, cool.

Guest Peter Sidoli

Strange how different people have different performance? I have framerate problems with many aircraft but not the ERJ145 which is one of the better aircraft on my system for fluid and smooth performance.Neither do I have this populating problem ;-)i would recommend this addonPeter

Thanks for the Info, Peter.Would be interested in your computer specifics.Guy

Guest Panman

Well seeing that myself and many others don't have the problems you mentioned, I could only hazard a guess that it something to do with your PC as opposed to "critical programming issues" or "programming inefficiencies".

Guest lalo lolo1

Yes, probably it is a little "heavier" than the PMDG (without VC), but my P3.04 and Ati 9600Pro handles it very well, giving me a min of 17 fps with heavy weather. I just left it as it got to me. I don't feel I need to change the settings to fly what is probably the best RJ you can get (it is ages beyond the FT CRJ).For sure it performs better than the PMDG with VC which is the only AC that can take my PC to 10 fps.BTW, what a blast the Lvl-D. Model with 32bit textures, VC with reflective windows and in heavy weather never going below 20. Wow!Leo

Does anyone here have a way to get the FMS to display the correct ICAOs from the FS flight plan? PMDG's works fine, but the ERJ's displays only LL01 etc for the loaded plan. I downloaded and installed the latest navdata but it still doesn't work. Support directed me to the fix on their forum, stating it had to do with overwriting of an ms db file or something, but I haven't had the time to make sure their fix doesn't create a problem somewhere else.Noel

Noel