Sign in to follow this  
NikeRr

New in Prepar3d v2.2

Hello all. I'm going to fly in the Prepar3d v2.2 (FSX isn't compatible with AMD processors), and I'm scared.

I need help. I do not know where to start. I heard something about Legacy Mode, EMT? I don't know what is it. I wonna have the REX, Ezdok, vpilot, FSGlobalRealWeather, FTX Global, PMDG 777(i know, PMDG haven't license to P3D) and some sceneries. Can u help me with setup up the P3D? Thanks a lot!

I'm not going to answer all your questions, my typing skills are so lacking it would take me all day.  The first thing I need to tell you is this quote (from Homer I think) "Abandon Hope all ye Who Enter Herein".  LOL, not really, just fun!!

Now to be serious.  Welcome to the P3D world.  It's not all that different from FSX.  If you have a background there, you will fit in quickly.

First the well known EMT (Estonian Migrating Tool):  This is a little gadget that sets up a phantom FSX to which you install programming that doesn't have a supplied P3D installer on board.  The EMT then automatically moves the files into P3D.  It's dirt simple to use, just read the very short manual before plowing ahead.  You need to understand that not everything you install via the EMT will transfer properly into P3D and may not work 100% correctly.  You can get it here.

One word of warning:  Do Not just go into P3D and slam all the sliders full right.  Start with most only at 50% and things like traffic and water effects full off.  P3D can ( & often will) CTD if it uses up all the RAM memory.

Do a lot of reading at the forums.  Somewhere here at the Avsim forums there is something of a compatibility list of products that will and will not work in P3D.

I'm out of time.  Others will join in.  Have fun :-)

Hello all. I'm going to fly in the Prepar3d v2.2 (FSX isn't compatible with AMD processors), and I'm scared.

FSX is perfectly compatible with AMD processors.

Why do you feel that P3D will run any better, It is basically FSX + DX11

Nike, welcome to the P3D world. You'll like P3D a lot. Nothing to be afraid of, really. P3D is easy to install - you don't need a 30 page guide and 24 hours to install like you do with FSX. Just start with default P3D, get your sliders adjusted how you want them, then install addons one at a time. As for Estonia Migration Utility, it's a handy tool but I don't think it's essential to have any more since a lot of developers now have P3D installers. In fact, most of the addons you listed have P3D licenses you can access at no additional cost.

As for P3D being "FSX with DX11," not exactly. Sure there are similarities, but volumetric clouds and shadows make P3D much nicer, not to mention performance is also much better on the whole. And it won't be long until FSX really begins sliding into the past as there are big changes in P3D on the horizon that will make it even less and less similar to FSX. FSX is quickly becoming the new FS9. Not knocking FSX, but it was bound to happen as it has with all past MSFS versions. Read these forums as there are tons of useful tips for setting up your system.

Cheers,

Todd

FSX is perfectly compatible with AMD processors.

Yup... Very...

fsx_1920.png

Why do you feel that P3D will run any better, It is basically FSX + DX11

Because i think the P3D is better written code.

As for Estonia Migration Utility, it's a handy tool but I don't think it's essential to have any more since a lot of developers now have P3D installers.

+1

Sure there are similarities, but volumetric clouds and shadows make P3D much nicer, not to mention performance is also much better on the whole.

+1

Well, maybe.  IMHO

I'd suggest you start with one or two less  complex airplanes that the fine PMDG models unless you are already comfortable with them.

FTX Global Base & FTX Global Vector also work well and look fairly good.  Not as good as specific Orbx areas or other specific sceneries, but all in all pretty good.

I like ActiveSkyNext for wx generation and REX4HD for textures and this combo works well for me.  Many like Opus for wx, but I have no experience with it.

Yup... Very...

No your AMD processor is fully compatable with FSX, the problem is that it is slow.

It will still be slow in P3D, some processing is now done on the GPU but the fact remains it is still ESP/FSX code.

There is no magic bullet that will give you good performance in P3D or FSX with that CPU, that's not me being harsh, it's just the facts of the situation.

Hello Nike,

welcome to P3Dv2. As the guys already told you some tips. One thing you should keep in mind add ons that are made for FSX might work in P3D2 but could cause moderate to severe performance issues.

If you use EMT dont expect support from any dev as they will probably advise you that their add on is made for FSX ONLY!!! Another thing is that if you install a non P3D2 certified product you might do a violation against the vendors EULA (eg. PMDG). 

To get the best performance out of P3D2 is to have a balanced system and to balance the sliders within the sim.  

Regarding your system if you want a nice experience within P3D2 you might end up some day in thinking about an intel CPU and a powerful nVidia GPU. Sad but true. Anyway P3D2 is a pretty smooth running simulator.

Read, ask, try and go fly but most of all have fun with P3D2 :)

What im using in P3D2:

SCENERY:

FTX Global + Vector

FTX Regions 

ORBX P3D2 compatible and (for the time) not compatible airfields however the do work more or less good

Flightbeam KDEN+KIAD

FSDT CYVR (pretty performance hungry)

some Aerosoft airports

some freeware scenery

FSGenesis mesh

AIRCRAFTS

Carenados

Alabeos

Cerasim

Nemeth Design

MilViz

Sibwings

Virtavia

Freeware by Dino Cattaneo

FSUIPC + LINDA

Active Sky Next

Rex 3+4

add ons that cause performance issues will be banned from my syste ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Can I install the default FSX B737-800 to Prepar3d?

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Can I install the default FSX B737-800 to Prepar3d?

Yes