Sign in to follow this  
philyagoda

FSX Incorrect Real Weather

Hello guys! 

Since last week i havent had any problem in FSX.However somehow a weather problem occured.When i want to start a flight on Spain area,i am having always the same weather results.For example yesterday i wanted to go from Barcelona to Bilbao,when i click real world weather(15 minutes updated) it says always thunderstrom and moderate rain.The temperature or the wind speed doesnt change either.Its just like its stuck.I am having this problem only on Spain area the other weather stations work properly.I have been seeking for solutions,even if i found some solutions they havent fixed my problem.I would be really glad if you could help me.I am waiting for your suggestions.Thanks a lot!

Sam

Sorry to say but it happens!  I had a similar experience about a month ago loading flights at

my test airport in the California desert.  Rainy every time for about a week and a half.

The real weather program sometimes has difficulty updating the weather from certain locations

intermittently.  It uses the last weather info available for that area.  I have been very

successful using FSrealwxlite as an alternative.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry to say but it happens!  I had a similar experience about a month ago loading flights at

my test airport in the California desert.  Rainy every time for about a week and a half.

The real weather program sometimes has difficulty updating the weather from certain locations

intermittently.  It uses the last weather info available for that area.  I have been very

successful using FSrealwxlite as an alternative.

Is there any way to solve this problem without reinstalling ? I have loaded so many add-ons it gets more than 24 hours to reinstall everything.

Sorry, but didn't Microsoft end providing a weather server a while ago?  I believe that' the case, but you may wish to verify. Should be in the forums.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sorry, but didn't Microsoft end providing a weather server a while ago?  I believe that' the case, but you may wish to verify. Should be in the forums.

But in that case i suppose i couldnt have get correct weather results in other areas right ? I mean this is only happening in Spain area.

Is there any way to solve this problem without reinstalling ? I have loaded so many add-ons it gets more than 24 hours to reinstall everything.

Re-installing what, FSX?  That would not solve your issue.  Try another weather provider like I mentioned.

But in that case i suppose i couldnt have get correct weather results in other areas right ? I mean this is only happening in Spain area.

It could be the weather stations in that area are not updating the weather to FSX .

"The rain in Spain stays mainly on the Plane" (At least in your case)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It could be the weather stations in that area are not updating the weather to FSX .

"The rain in Spain stays mainly on the Plane" (At least in your case)

Thanks a lot sir ! FSrealwx lite solved my problem ! But still i dont understand why has caused to this problem ? It was working perfectly suddenly it happened.What was the reason do you know that ?

No one knows exactly why the FSX real weather option fails at certain times.  Possible

causes are maintenance issues with the reporting stations, human error

(someone forgot to turn on a switch somewhere), a weather server has

problems, etc.

Charlie Aron

No one knows exactly why the FSX real weather option fails at certain times.  Possible

causes are maintenance issues with the reporting stations, human error

(someone forgot to turn on a switch somewhere), a weather server has

problems, etc.

I understand.I guess everyone has faced with a problem while playing fsx :) Thanks for help i really appreciate !