Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

Auto-Pilot Questions

Hi Jeff,Not being a computer whiz I can tell you this as for what I bought in october..Dell Computer-P4 550 3.4 GHz 800 FSB2GB dual channel DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz160 Gb Serial ATA hard driveNvidia 6800GTO (256 MB) I don't know the difference between a Serial Hard Drive and any other type.The video card works great. No stutters.. Very occasionally I can see FS 'drawing scenery' when I change views, best way I can describe it, but very rare.. and very fast.I did some research on video cards --The GTO seemed to be very highly rated ..then I bought the most of everything else I could afford.The 2GB memory makes a lot of difference.Hope that helps.Bill

deKoven:Great tip on the HDG trick...thanks...I didn't know that!http://www.bwiairport.com/images/menu_BWIlogo.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest paddy

>Bill,>>Another consideration, the last time my computer did weird>things like this, and they happened mostly in Flight>Simulator, I had a Trojan Horse virus aboard. May want to run>a complete system scan.>>Best of luck,>BobHi Bob,Did you ever hear about "gremlins", harassing the aviation world? Might be you have got one on board.....Paddy.

John, Looks like you're familiar with autopilot operation in FS, so I have a general question which I hope you can answer: When switching from Altitude Hold and Heading Hold for alignment with the localizer to Approach coupling when ON the GS, do you disconnect Altitude Hold or leave it connected? Seems this sometimes causes a problem with tracking the GS. Sometimes, if I disconnect AH, the AP will not hold GS. Thanks for your help. This has been bothering me for a while, and I have never solved the problem to my satisfaction.Dave Hinson

John,When Approach is selected the Altitude hold should disconnect auromatically when the you intercept the GS.. Heading probably the same but I don't usually have heading hold on just before LOC intercept.Bill