Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Ezdok working - install mini tut

Well I got it working right out of the box - great as this is one of favorite programs

What I did was download the latest wrapper from flight1 

- installed it with the latest Estonia tool when the program is installing it mentions fsx path dont worry it still installs into programs86 directory 

- when its done I did not run configurator 

- I downloaded 1.17 version from forums and installed it I dont think it asked to configure if it if it does close it 

- copy over the beta ezca.exe in your main ezca installed folder - its in programs86 - then launch configurator and let it do its thing - bam all working perfectly no adjustments of any kind - I am not using TIR

- Make sure you right mouse click exe's and install as administrator for all installs including any other programs you install

- Also I shut down Estonia tool before running the configurator and running P3D - EMT does not need to be used in legacy mode - it worked just fine after using it to install program

Here is a link to p3d beta exe

Half way down in post you will see a link to download it

3. Unrar this archive to  Program Files\EZCA folder

Now some have had problems getting it to work but first time I tried method above worked perfectly - if this does not work I would not have the tech savvy to help but worth giving it a try

Oh one more thing that might help as I always install it after a new pc build I install takeownership program and use it for my entire c: drive - here is the link to program

=============================================

Very happy camper

Rich Sennett

Well I got it working right out of the box - great as this is one of favorite programs

What I did was download the latest wrapper from flight1 
- installed it with the latest Estonia tool when the program is installing it mentions fsx path dont worry it still installs into programs86 directory 

- when its done I did not run configurator 

- I downloaded 1.17 version from forums and installed it I dont think it asked to configure if it if it does close it 

- copy over the beta ezca.exe in your main ezca installed folder - its in programs86 - then launch configurator and let it do its thing - bam all working perfectly no adjustments of any kind - I am not using TIR

- Make sure you right mouse click exe's and install as administrator for all installs including any other programs you install

- Also I shut down Estonia tool before running the configurator and running P3D - EMT does not need to be used in legacy mode - it worked just fine after using it to install program

Here is a link to p3d beta exe

Half way down in post you will see a link to download it

3. Unrar this archive to  Program Files\EZCA folder

Now some have had problems getting it to work but first time I tried method above worked perfectly - if this does not work I would not have the tech savvy to help but worth giving it a try

Oh one more thing that might help as I always install it after a new pc build I install takeownership program and use it for my entire c: drive - here is the link to program

=============================================

Very happy camper

I had EZCA working before on P3D2. Now I have reinstalled P3D since I experienced some issues with it among one thing that EZCA didn't always launched when starting P3D. I now tried your instructions and EZCA never launches with P3D. I think one thing I did different the first time was that I run the configurator with virtual FSX enabled. Also I didn't use the P3D beta EZCA.exe since it didn't worked for me. Now it only works with FSX.

I had EZCA working before on P3D2. Now I have reinstalled P3D since I experienced some issues with it among one thing that EZCA didn't always launched when starting P3D. I now tried your instructions and EZCA never launches with P3D. I think one thing I did different the first time was that I run the configurator with virtual FSX enabled. Also I didn't use the P3D beta EZCA.exe since it didn't worked for me. Now it only works with FSX.

Not sure why its not working - I think maybe something that I have not installed or did install that you haven't is the reason and that could be hard to figure out - I had accu-feel loaded first and I have no fsdt or flightbeam loaded yet - so not sure what the issue is

Rich Sennett

EZCA didn't always launched when starting P3D

Look into the dll.xml and the exe.xml.

Is there any entry of Ezca? If not, you have to add manually.

@Richard Sennet:

I tried already the installation of EZCA with the beta exe. But it didn´t work for me.

I just use the "FSX" Version of the exe and this works for me in P3D v2.2..

Look into the dll.xml and the exe.xml.

Is there any entry of Ezca? If not, you have to add manually.

@Richard Sennet:

I tried already the installation of EZCA with the beta exe. But it didn´t work for me.

I just use the "FSX" Version of the exe and this works for me in P3D v2.2..

Good to know - maybe I got lucky or I dont have anything loaded yet that messes up ezca install - no idea but happy its working

Rich Sennett

Not sure why its not working - I think maybe something that I have not installed or did install that you haven't is the reason and that could be hard to figure out - I had accu-feel loaded first and I have no fsdt or flightbeam loaded yet - so not sure what the issue is

Well it turned out that I needed to do what I did before i.e running the configurator with virtual FSX enabled. Now I have another problem. Panning around with the hat switch is very slow compared to before in both P3D and FSX

Well it turned out that I needed to do what I did before i.e running the configurator with virtual FSX enabled. Now I have another problem. Panning around with the hat switch is very slow compared to before in both P3D and FSX

I dont understand - you shut of ezca with shortcut key before panning - for different views while ezca is running you set all of those up with shortcut keys

Rich Sennett

I dont understand - you shut of ezca with shortcut key before panning - for different views while ezca is running you set all of those up with shortcut keys

That was solved by setting 3D game setting in EZCA config (had it on float)

Hey Thanks for making this tutorial!

I am wondering if I need a valid license to try out EZdok 1.17 since it is still in beta.

I have not yet purchased EZdok and would like to see it working in my sim first, with a file from frooglesim to see how it is.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

That was solved by setting 3D game setting in EZCA config (had it on float)

Nice

Hey Thanks for making this tutorial!

I am wondering if I need a valid license to try out EZdok 1.17 since it is still in beta.

I have not yet purchased EZdok and would like to see it working in my sim first, with a file from frooglesim to see how it is.

Thanks

Mike

Its not in beta - that means a beta fix exe file for P3D - you have to purchase it and if you dont like it you can get a refund within 30 days from flight1 no questions asked - but I doubt you will want to return it

Follow directions above you need to download the latest from flight1 its 1.15 version - you go to forums and get the 1.17 update and get the new exe file for P3D from forum

Rich Sennett

Nice

It wasnt so nice after all. By setting 3D game in general settings I can pan around as I should. Problem is that every time I start FSX or P3D again the settings revert back float. Is it the same problem for you?

It wasnt so nice after all. By setting 3D game in general settings I can pan around as I should. Problem is that every time I start FSX or P3D again the settings revert back float. Is it the same problem for you?

Interesting I dont know have to check that out for you - get back to you in a little bit

Rich Sennett