Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Turquoise Water ...

Flying around Hong Kong, I see vivid, turquoise water everywhere, and in film I've seen, that's not what it should look like! In other parts of the world, too, this glowing vivid, artigicial colour spoils otherwise wonderful scenery.

I have REX overdrive, but tweaking water textures there doesn't seem to have changed anything at all. Is there anything else I can do?

Flying around Hong Kong, I see vivid, turquoise water everywhere, and in film I've seen, that's not what it should look like! In other parts of the world, too, this glowing vivid, artigicial colour spoils otherwise wonderful scenery.

I have REX overdrive, but tweaking water textures there doesn't seem to have changed anything at all. Is there anything else I can do?

If you are running FSX in DX10 then you have to tick DX10 textures or something like that in REX. Screen shot would be good to see if it is the same problem I had.

I'm running with DX9 , so no fix there unfortunately. Here are my screenshots: 

2014-6-29_9-58-27-153_zps146ba9a4.png

2014-6-29_10-2-17-23_zps2881d4b2.png

and the original: Chek%20Lap%20Kok%20-%20Hong%20Kong.jpg

Some times the first port of call is to rename the Shaders file.

Get hold of Fs water configurator and use that to change your water colour.very easy to use.set water base level to zero is good first move.

steve

Thanks I'll give it a look. I want to by Fly Tampas Kai Tak, but not if my sea water is turquoise and glowing!

Is it just me then? I thought it was judt a crazy FSX colouring ....

Wow. It worked, so easy too! Thanks a million Steve. Not checked other areas yet to see how its affected the rest of my oceans, but anything is better than Day Glo water!  ;)

New Hong Kong waters:

2014-6-29_14-4-52-434_zpsf2dd7413.png

hi paul

great little program that has solved issues for me in the past.

try some of the others and adjust them .when you get one you like you can save them under a different name.

steve

Wow, this is a nifty little tool that work's like a charm. Thanks so much for this.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you corrected water class files for Hong Kong.  I fixed this problem myself.  

I am however trying to find a good Hong Kong scenery that will update the city, islands and surrounds.   FTX Global makes a dogs breakfast of HK and the default scenery doesnt do it justice.  I was just in HK a week ago, so i have recent pictures to work from.

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I know Fly Tampa does a good job but it doesn't cover the whole of HK island - and of course it reactivates Kai Tak, which is not what you probably want.