Sign in to follow this  
captain420

XP Jets 777-200ER for X-Plane?

I just recently discovered this on google. Didn't know such a project existed. Its a 777-200ER for X-Plane, and it looks really high quality and even better modeling than the one from Flight Factor. Does anyone know anything about this? Not sure if the project is still in progress or not. But I would love to know more about them.

http://www.xpjets.com/aircraft/b777/

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm sorry but I can't view that. It says I've exceeded my limits, could you possibly cut and paste it here if you don't mind?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Here ya go.

Dear all,

i think this will be my final post in this topic. I guess it will not surprise you but i abandoned any development on the plugin for the 777.

The most important reason is the lack of motivation. With another 777 for X-Plane already on the market, more high quality addons announced and the rumors about the plans of PMDG i don't see any sense for the 777. 3 months ago i did the following:

- uninstalled X-Plane

- deleted all project-folders for the plugin

- shutdown my private server where the git repository is hosted

- took a break and left flight-simulation behind me

Well, it seems i can't live without flight-simulation as i installed X-Plane again (intentionally to test my new graphics-adapter because my old GTX470 died -- now a AMD 7850 <-- piece of crap). And, as a surprise, i enjoyed to fly around. But after thinking about further development i came to the conclusion that i'm not able to go back to 777-development because:

- i'ts no fun for me to switch the A/P button after takeoff and let the computer fly

- i don't have the time for 4+ hrs flights (short-haul with the 777 makes no sense)

- there's no need for another 777 for X-Plane (in my own opinion)

- i don't like to develop for payware (too much pressure and i get money from my employer anyway)

- much more... (less spare time again because i often have to prepare for trainings like Red Hat RHCE and Oracle stuff etc...)

I haven't made a decision if i really will continue creating "something" for X-Plane. But if i will than it will not be the 777. And something for fee.

"Never say never".. so i don't say i'll never go back to the 777 again. But for sure not within the next 5 years. I'll observe what happens to the market and X-Plane in the meanwhile and so something "just for fun". I'm not sure if i'll stay with XP Jets anyway (that's not only my decision). Dhruv and Alex are disappointed like you so i'll see what happens.

Sorry that i have to disappoint you. But i've no other choice. Telling you the truth is far better as say nothing.

Sven

NAX669.png

This happens in X-Plane. I guess it happens in all simulators. One thing I've learned since moving over to this platform, is to not get my hopes up too quickly. You'll be disappointed more often than not if you keep waiting for something down the line. Lots of phoney baloney's riding the wave.  Enjoy what's available....

I've noticed lately, the best add-ons are coming right out of the blue, unannounced.

Wow such a shame cause from the looks of it, it looked pretty damn nice. Quality seems better than the ramzzess 777 for sure. Oh well. Only hope is PMDG now.

I moved for good, from complex aircraft, to ww1 and ww2 fighters, and I am having the best time of my life :-)  and will not get back!

A good GA is also something I praise.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

jcomm whats a good GA you can recommend?

Sorry for jumping in but have a look at the MU-2 by X-Aviation. My most flewn GA plane. And fast enough to make som GA long haul.

I certainly 2nd Ralfs suggestion of the Mu-2J - a superb add-on for X-Plane! 

I'd say that the Carenados I had were also very nice ( C90, Seneca and Baron 58 ), but my preferred GA / aerobatics aircraft ended up being:

this one:

It's above all the masterpiece in terms of what the author achieved with the flight dynamics, given the limitations of the sim. I really look forward for talented aircraft designers like the EDGE 500 maker to be able to give good use to the 6 new datarefs that Austin handed to aircraft designers in order to give them a chance to better and more easily fine tune the flight characteristic, specially of prop aircraft!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sorry for jumping in but have a look at the MU-2 by X-Aviation. My most flewn GA plane. And fast enough to make som GA long haul.

+2 from me too.  I am eagerly waiting to see if X-Aviation will release a new version that will incorporate the new GPS from 10.30, when that build is final.  That team has kept refreshing this plane with new features, so I would be surprise that they do not this time.   I am looking at adding the new Carenado B200 but I don't know if that plane's systems are modelled as detailed as the MU-2.  

Echoing what J.C. is saying and the x-developer of XPJets, I found myself less and less enjoying complex airliner!  The majority of time in those bird was spent on the ground preparing.  The experience is even less appealing for me as I have no desire to be a transport pilot hauling passengers ;-)

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020