Sign in to follow this  
DANEQ99

DX10 Preview box has disappeared

I recently installed SweetFX a couple of hours ago. Everything was working but now my DX10 preview has disappeared. My D3D10 Dll has also gone as well. I believe that is the cause but I know not how it had disappeared. I run the DX10 fixer and my CFG has DX10 set to 1.

Dane Quartel 

First thing that comes to mind is maybe something happened to your Acceleration install? Only Acceleration has the DX10 Preview option. Try just repairing your Acceleration install.

Thats what I would do first. Also some other ways to confirm if in fact your running DX10 (without having it checked) are the VC loads the brown shaded color before it fully loads?

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

First thing that comes to mind is maybe something happened to your Acceleration install? Only Acceleration has the DX10 Preview option. Try just repairing your Acceleration install.

Thats what I would do first. Also some other ways to confirm if in fact your running DX10 (without having it checked) are the VC loads the brown shaded color before it fully loads?

I tried the repair but it did not work, The cockpit in my 777 loaded in, I suspect, the DX9 white paint stuff. My FSX would not open after I accidentally change the name of a DX10 dll. So I had to delete both DLL of DX10 in order to get FSX running again. I am going through another acceleration repair to try and get them back. FSX only opens when using my DX9 DLL. If the repair does nto work then I may have to try and download a new DX10 Dll. I very much prefer not to reinstall all of FSX again. 

So I am pretty sure my problem lies with the DX10 Dlls which I think were tampered with by SweetFX. With them removed my FSX does not CTD on start. However, If I try not to run the DX10 preview mode then it crashes . I only can run FSX with the DX9 DLL and DX10 preview enabled. I now checked and the 777 loads with the dark brown paint jobs in the cockpit so I know DX10 is running. But I have now no DX10 Dlls. I am pretty sure they are needed. I forgot the name to the D3DX10 DLL. So If someone could maybe tell me the name hopefully it would get it fixed. 

Edited by DANEQ99

Dane Quartel 

I don't want to be annoying because I feel for u, I really do! but you should have backed up some original files before dropping sweetFX in the main folder.

If you need some default files from your FSX folder just let me know and Id be happy to help out. Or you can install FSX on a different hard drive or location (ie even an external drive) and re-get some default files that way.

Actually looking back I had this happen to me as well and luckily I pressed ctrl+Z and reverted because I hadn't done anything else, Im pretty sure that won't be the case for you...I felt like it was a miracle lol...

Good luck Dane

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

If you need some default files from your FSX folder just let me know and Id be happy to help out.

Not to hijack the thread but I am running FSX Acceleration. After installing and uninstalling the GrenadaX package which apparently makes changes to your LWcfg.xml file, I am now getting an error. After uninstalling that scenery package I am now getting this msg, "Living World settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid. Please delete LWcfg.xml from your hidden user profile directory". If you have Acceleration and have a default LWcfg.xml file that is found at the following directory: "users/username/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx", can you send it to me at blauelini [at] gmail [dot] com. Thank you

Eric 

Steve has posted in the forum about the issue with the DX preview dissapearing under Sweetfx. Have a look in the DX10 fixer section on here

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I don't want to be annoying because I feel for u, I really do! but you should have backed up some original files before dropping sweetFX in the main folder.

If you need some default files from your FSX folder just let me know and Id be happy to help out. Or you can install FSX on a different hard drive or location (ie even an external drive) and re-get some default files that way.

Actually looking back I had this happen to me as well and luckily I pressed ctrl+Z and reverted because I hadn't done anything else, Im pretty sure that won't be the case for you...I felt like it was a miracle lol...

Good luck Dane

I think I need a new D3d10 dll. That looks like my problem. I have the d3dx10_34 but not the d3d10. I checked in notepad and both DLLs are the same. So all I think I require is the original d3d10 dll and hopefully that will fix everything. Thanks for the help 

Dane Quartel 

Same happened to me a while back and unknown to myself I had ASUSGamerOSD installed. Not a clue what it actually does but I read somewhere that it interferes with your GPU drivers. Uninstalled it and the preview DX10 checkbox re-appeared !!

Jimmy Nestor

Alright everything has been fixed. It was my corrupt DX10 dll. 

Dane Quartel 

Only Acceleration has the DX10 Preview option

For the record, SP2 also has the DX10 option.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.