Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

RAAS is acting flaky

Last night I did a flight from fsdt phnl to fsdt klax.  I requested 08R.  When approaching 8L/26R raas didn't tell me approaching 26R nor 8L.  When I crossed 4R and 4L it told me approaching both of those rnwys.  When I started taxing onto 8R it didn't say anything, but when I lined up it said on rnwy 8R.  When I approached 24R at klax it said approaching 24R, but nothing when crossing 24L.  Today I did phnl to FlightBeam ksfo and the same thing happened when taxing to 8L.  No approaching 8L, but announced on runway 8L.  There was noting when approading 28L at ksfo.  It's kind of hit and miss when approaching runways.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Or wait and see what happens after the release of sp1. 

John K

Or wait and see what happens after the release of sp1. 

Wait and see isn't going to get you anywhere because the RAAS is not a PMDG product (as stated in the manuals).  It's an FS2Crew product.  Support for it goes here:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/556-the-raas-runway-awareness-advisory-system-professional-forum/

Kyle Rodgers

I redid the makerwys and did a flight from phnl to klas this time.  And once again crossing 8L and taxing onto 8R no approaching rwy.  4L and R I got approaching 4L and 4R.  When I lined up on 8R I got on rwy 8R.  When I got to FSDT's klas I got all the calls.  Approaching when on final crossing 19L.  I don't know what it is at phnl.  But it does work.

John K

My PMDG supplied RAAS packed up completely after un-installing Airbus X. I hope SP1 will re-install it, otherwise a full re-install seems only option, which might need to happen anyhow as I am getting new CPU and MOBO.

I kinda don't mind, that woman creeps me out anyhow.

Not sure, maybe the T7 RAAS can be re-installed separately? Have you asked Bryan about it? (The Airbus RAAS does have its own install option.)

For PHNL, I guess the runway layout is just a bit to complex for RAAS to nail it precisely. Or some glitch in the AFCAD, maybe.

I'm not sure where RAAS gets it's data from, but I have found several runways around the world which "centre line of runway" out the window is "On taxiway" to RAAS.

Always fun when you line up, spool up, and get "ON TAXIWAY! ON TAXIWAY!" from the RAAS as you hit takeoff thrust.

I'm not sure where RAAS gets it's data from, but I have found several runways around the world which "centre line of runway" out the window is "On taxiway" to RAAS.

Always fun when you line up, spool up, and get "ON TAXIWAY! ON TAXIWAY!" from the RAAS as you hit takeoff thrust.

The base data is from the RW, I believe.  You should run the makerwys tool from Pete Dowson (as mentioned by the manual) periodically (or whenever you update your sim scenery) to ensure the runways are correctly "databased" in the appropriate file.

Kyle Rodgers

My PMDG supplied RAAS packed up completely after un-installing Airbus X. I hope SP1 will re-install it, otherwise a full re-install seems only option, which might need to happen anyhow as I am getting new CPU and MOBO.

I kinda don't mind, that woman creeps me out anyhow.

What's creepy is that she is the exact same voice that California DMV uses for announcements.

When approaching EDDF 7C, RAAS calls out 7L.

What's creepy is that she is the exact same voice that California DMV uses for announcements.

When approaching EDDF 7C, RAAS calls out 7L.

the voice of RAAS is from a woman who made warnings/callouts for military aircraft (F-15,F/A-18,Harrier,..) as well as the space shuttles.

about the EDDF things.. yea, makerwys. About PHNL. Not sure, I dont have the scenery but i can check with the default one tomorrow. The data is from the r4.csv file in the main directory of FSX. Hope that helps so far. I am off now and will check tomorrow.

the voice of RAAS is from a woman who made warnings/callouts for military aircraft (F-15,F/A-18,Harrier,..) as well as the space shuttles.

about the EDDF things.. yea, makerwys. About PHNL. Not sure, I dont have the scenery but i can check with the default one tomorrow. The data is from the r4.csv file in the main directory of FSX. Hope that helps so far. I am off now and will check tomorrow.

I think her name was Erica Lane, she did the F16 and Apache for sure, I think she did the Block 50 F15 also.

I think her name was Erica Lane, she did the F16 and Apache for sure, I think she did the Block 50 F15 also.

No, its not Erica Lane ;) Before you ask, i know the person who made the callouts also because i developed RAAS.

btt: i had no time to check yet. Will see if i have some time tomorrow or today

No, its not Erica Lane ;) Before you ask, i know the person who made the callouts also because i developed RAAS.

btt: i had no time to check yet. Will see if i have some time tomorrow or today

Kim Crow, I believe, was the first voice used by the Air Force and NASA. I,m pretty sure Erica Lane did the F16 and AH64. As for the RAAS, I have no idea.