Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

RAAS is acting flaky

Hi,

on the other hand… I have strange problem with RAAS voice. It is too quiet. Master volume slider is on about 50%, but when I set it to max, save settings and go back to them, slider is back to previous position (50%). Did you meet this?

Lucas

My PMDG supplied RAAS packed up completely after un-installing Airbus X. I hope SP1 will re-install it, otherwise a full re-install seems only option, which might need to happen anyhow as I am getting new CPU and MOBO.

I kinda don't mind, that woman creeps me out anyhow.

Re-run the installer.  It will prompt you with options before it runs.  Choose "Repair."  That should fix it in the meantime.

Kyle Rodgers

Re-run the installer.  It will prompt you with options before it runs.  Choose "Repair."  That should fix it in the meantime.

Thanks Kyle; as part of my hardware upgrade I had to do a full re-installation anyhow, and the creepy RAAS lady is now back. On my old system, I didn't want to re-run installer, even in repair mode, as I didn't want to break anything else, and knew that a new system was in the pipeline. It has kind of worked out well as by the time the SP1 \ 77W releases (next week? I hope) my system should have all the kinks worked out of it.

RAAS uses the data generated by Pete Dowson's Make Runways to know where the runways are, etc., (coordinates, length, width, etc).

Sometimes 3rd party developers do things in a "non-standard" way that can trip things up.

The important thing is to re-run MakeRunways everytime you add new scenery.

And run it with Admin rights.

Is the Make Runways program suitable for the P3D 3.2 too? Because I'm facing these problems as well, like taking of 25R KLAX and receiving a Caution Taxiway aural warning.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto