Sign in to follow this  
smileybeaches

Which License?

Apologies if this has been asked before, cannot find a straight answer. Okay been simming for 30+ years, yes I know, going back to Commodore 64 days. Anyways, I have a simple I hope question.

Would like to start porting over to Prepar3d from FSX.

Questions:-

1. Does it make a difference what license you buy, academic v professional?

2. Have most of the usual payware addons and noticed on A2A you pay more for the Cherokee 180 in professional than you do in Academic

3. PMDG have announced that you may pay more for different licenses

4. Does it matter what license you get if you are a recreational simmer?

What will I really miss out on if I only get a Academic license?

Hopefully a quick and simple question and then "she who must be obeyed will allow me to purchase".

And I have a very quick and up to date rig so frame rates I am not worried about.

Thanks

Miles 

What will I really miss out on if I only get a Academic license?

Academic has a small watermark in the top righthand corner, other than that there is no difference in content until you get to the Professional plus version which adds the following:

• In addition to the academic and professional licenses of Prepar3D, a new Professional Plus license has been released to support military training. Professional Plus brings an extensible military weapons training capability, as well as Learning Management System interfaces.
  • A fully-configurable, dynamic weapons system has been added to Prepar3D to allow our military-focused customers the ability to perform weapons-based training using Prepar3D. Support for targeting, bombs, missiles, guns, and countermeasures are included, as are examples to show you how to implement features in your training.

So if you can do without blowing things up (and the $2300 price tag) it's a choice between the Academic and the Professional version.

You simply read the different  EULA's from Lockheed Martin and choose the one for you.

If you have any sense, you choose the Academic version.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

...and before the replies can stray into the Forbidden Zone, the topic is locked.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator