Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Alaska mountains in XP10

This sim is starting to be quite a looker!

OvXBm.jpg

7Kq.jpg

6u8nG.jpg

9KJpr.jpg

v0kEg.jpg

vlxBG.jpg

Ltgch.jpg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

W O W!!! Gorgeous.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Wow that looks amazing!!! What add-ons are you using to achieve that? I'm starting to fall in love with X-Plane all over again. I haven't even touched P3D for months now. X-Plane is really shaping up to be the next gen flight sim for me. Is that the new Carenado CT206H?

I'm assuming those are the default X-Plane clouds, since I am seeing cloud shadows? SMP doesn't support cloud shadows, am I right?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes it's the Carenado. The only significant addon for the shots other than the plane is the Real Terra Haze lua scripts (not clouds or water - don't like them so much) with a few extra atmosphere tweaks cobbled together from Pascal.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=22387

Yes, clouds are default. Unfortunately it looks like SMP simply won't be able to put shadows in. Anyway the default clouds are getting a bit more attractive recently, if still a bit frames heavy with higher AA.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

AH! Now we talk!  I like the snow!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Scotchegg are your screenshots from XP 10.30b5? It looks amazing, kind of shocked that those are default clouds. 

Can you please share your atmospheric tweaks that you got from pascal? I would love to give it a try. If you don't mind.

Thanks in advance! 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use the RTH_atmos scripts from the package above plus the following in a separate text file:

set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/cloud_shadow_lighten_ratio",       0.9000 )
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_far", 3000.00 ) 
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_near", 120.00 )
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/mix_big", 80.000 ) 
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/mix_small", 25.00) 
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_for_zoom", 0.60) 
set( "sim/private/controls/shadow/scenery_shadows", 1.00) 
set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/limit_far",  0.500000)

Definitely looks better than anything for the other sim in terms of cloud rendering, at least to me and as far as stratified clouds go.

When it comes to convective, highly developed clouds, XP10 still misses it...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

scotchegg thank you very much for your settings. :)

Yes it's the Carenado. The only significant addon for the shots other than the plane is the Real Terra Haze lua scripts (not clouds or water - don't like them so much) with a few extra atmosphere tweaks cobbled together from Pascal.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=22387

Yes, clouds are default. Unfortunately it looks like SMP simply won't be able to put shadows in. Anyway the default clouds are getting a bit more attractive recently, if still a bit frames heavy with higher AA.

You say significant add-ons are just the scripts, are you not using photo real scenery too? I'd say that's a pretty significant to the look you have achieved - Unless of course X-Plane's textures got snow in a recent update?

No photo-scenery although I should have mentioned of course HDmesh2 is used. I think the snow and ice textures have been changed a bit in 10.3... but all textures are default.

Outstanding shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.