Sign in to follow this  
ianzee99

JS4100 Livery Re-install problem

Hello,

Hope someone can help. I have recently done a full re-install of FSX.

I have  re-installed the JS4100 with no problems. However, when I have attempted to re-load the livery that I want (BA ribbons) It does not appear anywhere within FSX Aircraft (only the 'PMDG' version is showing). I have tried using the original Jetstream disc to do this (modify etc) - as well as downloading the livery from the PMDG web page, but nothing seems to work

I can see the actual livery I have downloaded in the  FSX PMDG JS4100 folder - even if I click on it. it  activates but doesn't  seem to go anywhere. It simply doesn't appear within FSX Aircraft icons. It' so frustrating!

Can anyone suggest a remedy or an alternative approach for this problem.

I would be most grateful

Ian Zetland

sounds like it's not listed properly in your aircraft.cfg file. have you looked there, and checked for typos?

Hans Soule

Or a very simple solution... Did you check the box to show all variants in FSX? Just because you mention it's a new install of FSX :P.

Hello,

Many thanks to both Propane & Flibinite. They were both spot on! I haven't been on my flight sim for  6 months now (due to a close family bereavement) so I'm  rather rusty. :wacko: 

This problem is thankfully solved I have my BA variant...However I now have another problem.

Most of the main gauges on the JS4100 are either missing ,not working, or showing gobbledegook numbers ..very odd! I think everything else is OK.

When I re-installed the Jetstream I also installed SP1 at the same time -  Could this be the cause? Has anyone come across this before?

i

I hope some kind soul out there can help - I'd be most grateful

Thanks again

Ian Zetland