Sign in to follow this  
oscarbcn78

Disengage bar not working

Hi everybody,

I use LINDA with PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777, and Level-D 767. The only switch I can´t configure with any of these airplanes is the Disengage bar. It doesn´t work, neither with keyboard mapping (Z key) nor with the corresponding option in the LINDA menu (named "Disengage bar toggle" or similar depending on the airplane). Has anybody observed this with LINDA?

Thank you.

Hi oscarbcn78

I assume you are referring to the Boeing 737 autopilot disengage bar (below).  If you are using LINDA PDMG 737 NGX module v2.0, you will find the toggle function under PMDG737NGX / Autopilot switches / NGX AP MASTER.  You have the option of toggle / on / off.  It just takes a little looking for.

737Disengage.jpg

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Yes I have it configured this way. And in fact I can see it works, but either it responds very very slowly or the disengage bar is turning on and off constantly by itself when it's in off position on my MCP2. It's very odd...

Hi oscarbcn78

Make sure that LINDA is running in the background at all times.  I have seen the response you describe but only with a repeating function such as reverse thrust on a joystick/throttle quadrant button.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes, I have LINDA on the background (the window opened behind FSX). The odd thing is that the other switches on my MCP2 like A/T, F/D... work correctly...

Hi again oscarcn78

I'm sorry to hear that you still have the problem.  I have the used the default PMDG737NX module v2 with the VRInsight Combo II Boeing panel where the NGX_AP_MASTER_on/off functions are assigned by default to the Disengage toggle switch and it works fine. I also assigned the same functions to other buttons to research your question with the same success. I don't think it is LINDA or the 737 module; I don't have the 777 so I cannot comment on it. Have you tried to assign the function to a button/switch in FSUIPC?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi everybody,

After 4 years (although I have been 2 of them off simulation) I keep having the same problem with Disengage Bar. And now is worse because some time after starting FSX, LINDA, etc... Disengage Bar goes crazy moving up and down (ON and OFF) alternatively and very fast and if it finally leaves in OFF position then this is a problem because autopilot won´t turn on when flying. I have updated to LINDA PMDG 737NGX v4.12 but with any improvement... I need some solution urgently, it´s really exasperating!! Are you sure anybody hasn´t had this symptoms with Disengage Bar? What tests do you propose to do?

Thank you so much!!

It really sounds, that you have a faulty hardware switch? Are you sure, that is not the reason?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed VRInsight module for MCP-II and it shows the same behaviour having LINDA uninstalled... I have opened my MCP-II and the connections to the board were ok, but I have separated a little bit the wires and it seems to be solved!!

Edited by oscarbcn78