Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B VC Problem

Has anyone experienced sluggish performance while flying this aircraft in VC mode? While I am getting good framerates (25+) it appears sluggish while flying. What I mean is that the view is acting like the framerates are under 10 but they in reality aren't. My thinking is that is a gauge or gauges causing this jerkiness but not sure how to fix. Thanks in advance ftd1949@cox.net

I did not have this exact problem--and I only run with a P3/800. But, the texture load of this aircraft is very high, even with DXT3 textures, and can cause long pauses switching views. I found a compromise that you can try using DXTBMP, which you can use to resize the interior textures.I took these textures: texture_variosr_t.bmp inte_vc.bmp inte_vc1.bmp inte_vc3.bmp text_vc5.bmp texture_inter_t.bmp vcpan_690.bmpAnd reduced them and their alpha channels from 1024x1024 to 512x512. This has improved texure loading in the VC/Cabin 100 pct--but it does cause interior texture quality to suffer--mostly in the cabin vs. the VC. But it does improve performance quite a bit.-John

Guest rleiro

Possible it is due to textures. What John says about modifying its format would help, I also suggest you to check the settings of your Flight Simulator in order to obtain the best results.Hope this helps,

Doesn't matter much what settings I use...still have the same problem.This is the only VC so far I have encountered this problem with.Thanks tho

Guest odog

have you set the VIRTUAL COCKPIT GAUGE quality to LOW?works everytime for me, and it looks less blurry than my RW eyes.