Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Left Turn?

OK, this has probably been worked to death, and I am willing to take the heat...How do I correct the horrible tendency of the aircraft in X-Plane to turn left? I cannot taxi or control the aircraft on the ground at all...I have followed any tips i have been able to find; turn off all wind, etc...Nothing seems to help...I have seen that it is the "p factor", but I have flown with private pilots and it is nowhere near as bad as in the simulator...I really want to use and enjoy X-Plane, but this one fault is ruining it for me...Any advice will be appreciated...Thanks,

Steve

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Start with Art Satb at 50%, or even 100% in your Yaw axis... It may help.

There are ways to fix it tweaking the internal variable that ontrols engine/prop torque, through a scalar, using LUA scripts, but this might not be a good idea because future modifications made to that variable may render the tweak useless or even counter-productive.

Austin has made available, for current version some internal variables ( named "datarefs" in XP parlancy... ) that can be used to fine tune any moments around the 3 mais axis. 

I am looking forward to see some 3pd make good use of these ( 6 ) new variables and get each aircraft closer to it's rw behavior.

Might they have been added to fit PMDG's requirements, should their first XP10 offer be a prop / multi-prop ?  :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

OK, this has probably been worked to death, and I am willing to take the heat...How do I correct the horrible tendency of the aircraft in X-Plane to turn left? I cannot taxi or control the aircraft on the ground at all...I have followed any tips i have been able to find; turn off all wind, etc...Nothing seems to help...I have seen that it is the "p factor", but I have flown with private pilots and it is nowhere near as bad as in the simulator...I really want to use and enjoy X-Plane, but this one fault is ruining it for me...Any advice will be appreciated...Thanks,

Steve

What plane are you using ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The stock Cessna 172

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK