Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

2D Panel FPS impact / drop only when scaled to max screen size

Hi guys,

now I switched as well from FSX to Prepar3D 2.2 and im very happy in general. I'm using ORBX Global + Vector with FS Global 2010 and I have mostly around 30 fps even in Los Angeles and New York etc. Almost everything is on max. now, after some tweaks in the Prepar3D.cfg

My system is:

Core i5-2500K OC on 4,3 GHZ

AMD Radeon HD 7950 OC Boost

8 GB DDR3-Ram

Windows 8.1 x64

But there is still one thing what I don't get and I hope someone has an idea. I fly mostly with custom aircrafts from sources like avsim, flightsim.com etc. and everything works fine, the fps too. But, most of the airplanes have only 2D panels and I figured out these 2D panels alltogether get the frames dropped to like 15 or 13 fps :( But only when they're full scaled to the max of your screen! As soon as you reduce the size from above around 2-3 cm the frames are back on 30 fps locked. I just don't get it why it's on every 2D Panel the same.

It is on every panel the exact same pixel area. It's regardless if you reduce the size of the 2D panel from above around 5 cm or even 10 cm, there is no FPS boost anymore. It's only this one pixel that makes the change from 13 to 30 fps :p

I hope someone here have a fix for that, if you even noticed it... Or an explanation why this only happens when the panel is full scaled.

Greets

Nytro

Really? Nobody have this issue???!!  Problem still exists for me in 2.3 after fresh install!

Still having this issue even in Prepar3D 2.4. Is nobody flying with 2D Panels here and experiencing this huge bug???

I haven't seen that but I don't think that 2D panels are used by many people today.  I know that I used to use them 100% of the time back in the FS9 days but switched to virtual with FSX (and now P3D) and never looked back.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I fly 2D cockpit often.

I just checked now.
In default Baron and Mooney.

FPS in VC and 2D 28FPS.

I did screenshots if you want to see them.

I am also using a 2 monitor setup each 1920×1080 Nvidia ver 347.09.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well the problem is, for most of the popular airliners virtual cockpits are not avaiable. And it's really hard to work with them, because a lot of functions are not working. Plus you have to look around with your mouse and you can barely read all the instruments. I used to fly with direct GPS, I don't like the realistic navigation in airplanes cost to much time (PMDG 747, 777 for example)

I fly 2D cockpit often.

I just checked now.
In default Baron and Mooney.

FPS in VC and 2D 28FPS.

I did screenshots if you want to see them.

I am also using a 2 monitor setup each 1920×1080 Nvidia ver 347.09.

Interesting I have an AMD graphics card. Radeon HD 7950. Maybe another AMD-only problem as well? Like the DX10 fixer stuff in FSX etc :P

Could you please try to resize your 2D panel under that red line. Maybe you get more than 28 FPS? VC usually costs alot more FPS as well as 2D panels, that's one of the reasons why I fly on "resized" 2D panels.