Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

North Atlantic Routes? Where can I find NAR's?

In originating flight plans between North America and Europe I have always tried to implement North Atlantic Tracks. I also take a peek at real world flights from FlightAware and attempt to duplicate real world flights.

Quite some time ago, a kind soul sent me files in the Adobe pdf format which gave me the latest "North Atlantic Routes", for example  "ne_rear_08APR210[1].pdf".  Obviously, this data addresses April 8, 2010 and is the latest I have from this helpful individual. For some time this was sufficient for simulated planning

Unfortunately, this data is so outdated that most of the current NAR's may not be listed. For example, a current flight may list NAR N65C, but my old outdated data only has N65A, and N65B (May not be literal listings, but you get the idea).

I have never been able to figure out how to update this to the latest data, for example 06JUNs014 (I realize this exact date may not be an available, but I would like to know how to find the latest, whatever date that might be).

Any help on keeping updated for this data, and where to find it would be appreciated. A google search finds a number of posts going back to 1998 and other past dates, but nothing near current.

Respectfully:

RTH

I can't provide a direct link, because it changes monthly. This is the way to find North American Routes:

Go to http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dafd/ and select the current Airport/Facility Directory.

At "Enter a search option" select Northeast at "By volume" and press Search.

A list of airports appears with the column "VOL/Back pages".

Select the link "NE (PDF)" in this column.

You can find the North American Routes in this PDF.

Marc ter Heide

NRPs are not the same as nats my friend.

if you have the jepp txt documents they are in there, as well as mid east, china and russia routings.

14ppkc-6.png

I'm familiar with NRP/NARs (btw, there's no such a thing as NRPs). OP made confusion by topic title - North Atlantic routes instead of North American Routes.

Thanks for the replies folks!

g_precentralis: I am afraid you misunderstood for what I was searching. North Atlantic Tracks (NAT) are no problem and I find that information on multiple sites. I was trying to find the latest issue of North Atlantic Routes (NAR) Which give the waypoints adjacent to the tracks.

THANKS LOADS Voske! That is exactly for what I was hunting. I never could find the proper method to search for the latest NAR data. I sure will save that site and your kind instructions.

Happy flying
RTH

I was trying to find the latest issue of North Atlantic Routes (NAR) Which give the waypoints adjacent to the tracks.

NARs stands for North American Routes. That's where's the confusion. :smile:

Glad Voske helped you.