Sign in to follow this  
jcallum

Parking Brake release

I am on the ground ready to taxi and the parking brakes will not release?

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Check that the brakes hvent overheated and cool and reset them via the maintenance option on the fmc

Stewart Cumbers

I am on the ground ready to taxi and the parking brakes will not release?

Make sure the chocks have been removed.

On the CDU:

MENU button > FS ACTIONS > GROUND CONNECTIONS > CHOCKS (set them to REMOVED)

You should take the time to read the intro manual.  This issue is pretty basic, and you would have known how to handle it if you took the time to read the intro.  This is a study sim.  It's complex and will take some reading to understand it.  The intro was written so that you could read it and get a hang of the aircraft without reading the thousands of pages contained in the FCOM/FCTM.  Next time you're at cruise, think about reading it, instead of watching YouTube, or simply walking away.  I guarantee you'll learn some pretty cool stuff, and won't be stymied by something this simple in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks. I did finally figure out that the chocks were set. I have read the intro manual but I don't recall reading this and this is the first time I have had to release the chocks. For some reason the aircraft started up cold and dark and it usually launches with engines running and chocks released. 

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Thanks. I did finally figure out that the chocks were set. I have read the intro manual but I don't recall reading this and this is the first time I have had to release the chocks.

Page 15 of the introduction manual for the t7

page 13  of the ngx introduction manual

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg