Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations Autogenesis product page up

but surely this is the type of scenery that we have all dreamed about? High resolution colour balanced photorealistic scenery covered by realistic autogen trees, buildings and other interesting objects. This is light years beyond anything that we have seen for the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) in FS, and it deserves to be a complete success for Darren and Vicki.

Definitely!!!  Exactly what I have always wanted for FS since my first sample of photo scenery some years ago.  This is everything we could want - no compromises.  It's just too bad we have a sim that is constrained and can't allow this level of scenery to be active everywhere we fly(if it was developed elsewhere too, of course) because of VAS limits.  How great would it be to have this level scenery across all of Europe?  The US?  The world!?!?  I know I'm dreaming here as for most places, this level of detail isn't available.  But, what they are doing here is a step in that direction at least!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I am rather lucky here, because I only ever fly around the UK and Ireland. I made that decision when I first purchased FSX, so that I could concentrate on trying to upgrade a relatively small region with as much detail as possible. I really can't wait to have all 18 volumes installed, because the UK will look phenomenal when that happens.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It will cover everything but the FTX airports and its scenery, you could put the FTX Scotland (AFCAD) scenery folder above the ES stuff, not that it really matters though as photo scenery and its related texture folders will appear on top of Landclass scenery regardless of layering.

Cheers, Andy.

Unfortunately we have been effected this morning by some kind soul seeking to hack the ES website.

Very sorry to hear that, you really don't deserve it... not that anyone does, but hard working, small, independent operators, like yourselves, can be killed-off by such mindless actions.

Thanks for clarifying on those points too :smile:

I think I will opt for the 60cm version... with the full 3D agn coverage I feel the resolution of the base is slightly less important than if you are running no 3D, which I know some prefer. Plus I think it will simply be more manageable in terms of space and performance... terrain loading can still be a little sluggish even at 1.2m, so 30cm might push things on my current set-up, which I cannot change in the near, or medium future. There is also the slight hassle of sending hard drives back and forth... so the DVD option seems most appealing.

DVD 60cm Consumer Edition PhotoGenesis + DVD 3D AutoGenesis is probably the option that I will choose. That way, I already have backups :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh, I wish they had started off in the SE and worked northwards! There are so few airfields in Scotland that I rarely fly there, despite having the very nice ORBX SCO. I'm still interested, though ... but mainly when coverage reaches my patch - northern England.

Earth Simulations has done it again, can't tell you how many screenshot comps I won with just their Scilly Isles, also have their Shawbury Fields, can't wait for the UK parts to be released.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I purchased the Shawbury package recently, & have been very impressed with it.

The addition of different tree types really does make a difference to how the landscape looks, & the range of buildings & objects that have been incorporated is extensive.

Unfortunately it does all come with a bit of a hit to FPS, but then that is only to be expected with scenery this detailed.

Pretty impressive,  I also wish we had something like this for the US.  I have Orbx regions, and FTXGlobal,  but this takes it to a new level!

Does it have higher quality than Isle of Man? Or similar quality?

It's very similar yes, texture detail is the same and density of coverage is too.But over a very much larger 16,500km² area which incorporates the Scottish highlands as some of the UK's most spectacular scenery. The exception is that there are fewer bespoke landmark models to be seen compared to Isle of Man, which is very heavily laden with exact replicas of buildings and landmarks.The other difference is there are no highly detailed airports in this product, which is already covered well by other products that we sell. The thing I'll say is higher quality IMHO, is the nightlighting.

I can't wait to see what large cities will look like with PhotoGenesis and AutoGenesis, although I can imagine that a fair amount of processing power will be required to render them at decent framerates. Are you intending to cover Scotland first, Darren? Or will the release schedule be more of a "shotgun" approach?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

will the release schedule be more of a "shotgun" approach?

Yes I guess, although we hadn't thought of it in that term exactly.  :rolleyes:  We are moving to the opposite end of the UK next. Our reasoning is to interest those that have no interest in Scotland currently, but that do for England & Wales, and to show the difference updated data and our own colour enhanced photography can have over the existing GenX and FTX products that already cover the southern regions.