Sign in to follow this  
Propane

Captain Sim Boeing 777-200ER

Just took off from VHHH (Hong Kong International) heading towards NZAA (Auckland) on my first long haul in the updated Captain Sim 777. With their version 1.4 they've really brought it up to a decent level. Following their L-1011, I'd say they are on the right track.

Still room for improvement, but if you want a long haul aircraft for P3D V2, you might want to have a look at this 777.

1. Just before pushback, making sure the Before Start checks are done and checking the route to the runway on the EFB (we're parked at E3).

xuylX.jpg

2. Holding short 07L, running through the Before Takeoff checks
lM6CS.jpg

3.  And we are rolling
brk4Y.jpg

4. Nice and smooth on the rotation
G0qB.jpg

5. Quick view of the EFB with the SID chart on it
Gm6qn.jpg

6. Climbing out while the suns pops up over the horizon to our left
yZdIG.jpg

7. Steadily climbing up to our initial cruising altitude of FL350, enjoying the sunrise.
0hVvZ.jpg

8. We are accompanied by a China Southern A330 (look up from the AL in Zealand).
oeA7f.jpg

Pardon the JPG compression, will fix it in next shots while I cruise along to Auckland.

Nice!

Love seeing cockpit grabs. Puts you in the seat.

Nice shots, liking the cockpit shots and the EFB, looking good.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Nice pics, I just wish there was a way to turn off the glare shield lights without losing the back light lights. Especially since there actually is a separate glareshield light control, that turns on and off the actual light itself.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Nice pics, I just wish there was a way to turn off the glare shield lights without losing the back light lights. Especially since there actually is a separate glareshield light control, that turns on and off the actual light itself.

Yah that would be nice maybe they plan on doing some light upgrades in the future - that would really be something - I really miss those lights splashing on the ground like the pmdg 777 amazing - also the vc lighting is the best ever - ok PMDG get in the P3D game asap   :smile: 

Super shots - thanks for sharing

Rich Sennett

Very nice screenshots. It looks like Captain Sim has that T7 fine tuned.  I might have to consider getting that P3D version now.

Nice!

Love seeing cockpit grabs. Puts you in the seat.

Yeah, I prefer flight deck shots over external ones. Inside is where the interesting stuff is (in flightsimming that is).

Same here, I would much prefer it if I was able to turn off the MCP floods and stuff like that.

Very nice screenshots. It looks like Captain Sim has that T7 fine tuned.  I might have to consider getting that P3D version now.

It is getting there, and against popular belief, Captain Sim is showing that they keep on improving their product. There is still room for some improvement and it has some quirks, but overall it's pretty solid for normal flights. 

Thanks for checking out the shots, glad you liked them. I had to end the flight before reaching Auckland, I just can't stand sitting at the computer watching the autopilot do it's job. It will be short haul T7 work for me :).

Nice.

nebojsa

Does the freighter expansion work in P3DV2?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Does the freighter expansion work in P3DV2?

No nor does the 300 - have to wait for P3D specific purchase which is not ready yet

Rich Sennett

Thanks

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Where did you get the ANZ repaint?

Thanks, Bruce (ex-pat Kiwi)