Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Stutters - once and for all

Hi!

I know there are a billion threads regarding this, But I cant seem to find any answers in any of them...

I have a problem that every now and then, like every 20 seconds or something, the computer freezes for like 2 seconds. and then runs fine again.

I have used the Venetubo fsx.cfg config guide.

But that didnt help.

I have great fps between the stutters...

And it doesnt matter where im positioned... (and no matter what aircraft im using)

This is the forum where I usually get the best help... thats why I write here...

Thanks for your help

And hopefully we can get this problem fixed for everyone once and for all!

/Niklas

Niklas Eriksson

I had the same problem with a recent NVidia driver. Not the most recent but within the last couple of months. When I back revved to the one before it everything was fine again. And now that I'm on the latest one everything is fine as well. It was definitely a buggy driver.

Dave

Dave Paige

Thanks Dave! Ill check my graphics driver when I get back home... Im pretty sure they are up to date

(My graphic card is Nvidia GTX 460...)

Can FSUIPC cause stutters? I had problems with fsx crashes and read that installing the latest FSUIPC would solve them, after that the stutters appeared... not sure if corelated though)

Niklas Eriksson

I used to have a problem very similar to that cause by the hard disk interface on my motherboard. If you check the error log in windows and you see a bunch of ATAPI errors, switch the cable from you HDD to another slot in the motherboard.

Cristi Neagu

If your using an external weather program and ATC try disabling them . Of course check your Av . Its just a matter of disabling everything except FSX one at a time and apply the above suggestions as well

ZORAN

Cristi Neagu: I will check my log, I dont think I have any errors, the stutters stop when I close down FSX so this is not a "windows issue" but a fsx issue, however when I tab out of FSX (I run in windowed mode) the stutters affect windows as well...

Zoran: I only use Opus, I have used it quite a while without any problems before (I just reinstalled fsx a couple of days ago...) but it worked fine until yesterday...

Niklas Eriksson

Cristi Neagu: I will check my log, I dont think I have any errors, the stutters stop when I close down FSX so this is not a "windows issue" but a fsx issue, however when I tab out of FSX (I run in windowed mode) the stutters affect windows as well...

Zoran: I only use Opus, I have used it quite a while without any problems before (I just reinstalled fsx a couple of days ago...) but it worked fine until yesterday...

Thats exactly why I asked. I had the same problem with OPUS and the solution from them was to set DHM at the highest setting ( delay 10)

It may or may not help but worth a try

ZORAN

Certainly Zoran! Thanks for the tip, I will try that as soon as I get home

Niklas Eriksson