Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Beautiful places to fly in Europe

I have been flying mostly in the US. But want to start and explore Europe. I don't know where to start. Could you guys recommend me of some nice airports or locations that I can fly and enjoy the scenery?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When it comes to airports i can highly recommend:

Tampere, Finland (EFTP) by Truscenery - payware

Frankfurt-Hahn, Germany (EDFH) by Aerosoft - payware

Portoroz, Slovenia (LJPZ) by Aerobridge  - freeware

Regards,

Radek

thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, are you guys also using photo scenery ZL17 for most of europe from simheaven for european flying?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

are you guys also using photo scenery ZL17 for most of europe from simheaven for european flying?

For the areas I fly in, yep. To cover all of Europe would require a huge amount of disk space, so I generally keep the areas around the airports and major cities as ZL17, and further out and when I'm flying higher up, ZL16. This way, you can cover most of Europe, and with fitting OSM data (if available) and HD Mesh (used in the photo scenery), it's a winning combination.

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/

Entire Netherlands.

EHAM is just the start.

EHRD, EHEH, EHGG, EHBK, EHKD, EHLE...

All freeware.

Another favourite of mine is LIMJ

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1292-ozx-liguria-photoreal-x/

If you're in something like a 737, A320, MD80 etc, the visual approach for runway 10 is a bit of a challenge too!

You really are spoilt for choice in Europe :smile:. Lots of good scenery (mostly free) available. Although a link was posted to NL2000 which is for FSX, Simheaven has photoscenery for all of the Netherlands, and "not being biased ;-)" stick World2XPlane on top of that, and you have a very nice representation of the Netherlands. Check out the review by Angelique Van Campen >>here<< with plenty of screenshots and a guide

Download the photo scenery for the Nice/ Monaco area. Its really nice especially with the detailed Aerosoft Nice airport already included in X-plane. You can also populate it with static aircraft and other objects with a file available free at the org website.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. :) I will give all these a try! I am really in love with X-Plane now.