Sign in to follow this  
andrematiolli

Strange problem with FMC

Hello Everybody!

I'm using the 737NGX for a while,unnecessary to say how cool is that.

After a few weeks far from FSX, yesterday I updated my database and decided to make a flight, and unfortunately faced a few problems:

Initially the IRS was not aligning, after looked all details, I realized that coordinates, at POS INIT page were separated by a "comma", not by a "point", great, I have manually inserted the coordinates separated by "point" and voila, it aligned...right after that, I received a message of "IRS INIT/POS DISAGREE".
That's were the headache begins, the coordinates of all airports are mentioning only the "degrees" like that: KLAX N33°00.00' / W118°00.00.

- Reinstalled NGX for several times
- Reinstalled cicle 1407 several times
- Reinstalled cicle 1405 several times (considering a possible database problem)

This is how KLAX is mentioned on file wpnavapt.txt of PMDG database:
LOS ANGELES INTL        KLAX06L08925069 33.949109-118.431156108.5006900112

Other aicrafts are with 1407 cicle and don't present this problem, so I'm not considering a database issue.

I still can configure on FMC a complete FPLAN including SID/STAR but, it goes without mention, the aicracft doens't follow it 'cause believe that is in position XXº 00' 00".

Hope I made myself clear and you guys can help me out.

No problem here with the NGX, AIRAC cycle 1407, I, just now, loaded up at KLAX, cold and dark, powered up, align the IRSs and initialized position just fine. Then I programmed a short flight to KLAS, LOOP7 DAG KEPEC3. I didn't fly the flight but everything looked fine on the CDU and on the ND, so I'm sure it would have flown fine.

BTW my AIRAC data comes from Navigraph.

Dave

Dave Paige

Why don't you just use the last position or the GPS coordinates?

Matt Cee

I use that Soin, but as I told before, the airports are with wrong coordinates, follow here:

I'm at SBSR, can you it on the right side? The coordinates on INIT POS are correct but the system understands that SBSR is at another position, as you can see at REF field:

2014-6-30_23-51-23-485Coacutepia_zpsac1c

Here using KMIA as a second sample, also show wrong coordinates:

2014-6-30_23-51-40-834Coacutepia_zps73d8

Here is the disagree message

2014-6-30_23-51-54-547Coacutepia_zps2ca6

Hey! 

Laying on my bad while my brain was burning, something came on, changing the decimal mark on windows 7 from a comma to a dot, its working so far!!

Thanks for your attention guys!!

Hey! 

Laying on my bad while my brain was burning, something came on, changing the decimal mark on windows 7 from a comma to a dot, its working so far!!

Navigraph has a revision 2 to the 1407 cycle. You could try installing that if you still have problems. The NGX and the T7 worked fine but the MD-11 was dead in the water with the original release.

Hey! 

This is the correct fix.  Good job on figuring that out on your own, I'm actually kind of impressed!

Kyle Rodgers

This is the correct fix.  Good job on figuring that out on your own, I'm actually kind of impressed!

Hi Scandinavian,

I'm just a long time user, since FS95, some logic is at least expected .
In spite of to know and acquire all the MFS versions, I have not really patience to go deeper and built sceneries, repaints or even tweak in flight simulation, all I do is just buy some add ons here and there, always keep have a decent machine and try to solve the problems by myself, getting 100% of what the simulation can provide.

MFS helps A LOT in my carrer, I'm a commercial pilot operating a SR22 in Brazil, and guarantee you, all this long time simulating, specially IFR procedures, makes the difference, even nowadays, when I fly to certain airports at very first time, I usually study the real IFR approaches, departures and routes using the FSX.

Fly safe!!

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. How to change the decimal mark on windows 7 from a comma to a dot?

Kind regards,

Hebel

Hey Kyle,

Indeed – Google is my friend. But it just doesn’t make any sense. I’ve been flying the NGX since it was released and my region has been “Denmark”. Suddenly yesterday all the dots were replaced with a comma, in the FMC. I changed the region to English (USA) and wupti it changed back to dots again and everything worked again. First I thought it was the update of the FMC-database that was causing the problem, but after studding the text-files, I could see that it only contains dots. Something else must have causing it and we solved it by changing the region in Win7. I’m sure there is another way to solve it, but I’m ok with this. All dates, time, weekday are looking strange, but as long as I can fly my NGX, I’m happy.

Thanks again,

Hebel

yesterday all the dots were replaced with a comma,

You can still leave it as Denmark, but tell Win to use dots instead of commas for decimal values. There's a button in there for advanced that allows you to do this, otherwise I'd be having issues myself (my clock at the bottom right currently shows 19:41 -- 02.Nov.14).

Anytime I hear "suddenly" with something like this, I find that it's best to remind people how many times they see "Windows Update is downloading updates" and "updates were installed." You might not think much of them because Win manages all of it now, but the changes being made are no insignificant. This is one of the many reasons people recommend the "let me choose which updates to install" option. I wouldn't be at all surprised that Microsoft released some update that messed up your regional settings and forced the comma.

It might seem weird to you, but the reason I suggested it is that it's the actual fix and not some shot in the dark  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Updates can do wierd stuff. A couple weeks ago, I came to work on a later shift and found out that a Windows Update completely broke computers of all our people, in an IT support company no less! Lucky I came late enough that automatic update push was stopped. All in all, several hundred administrators were taken out completely and several hundred more could only work as long as their computers either didn't reboot or didn't lose network connectivity (or until the specific update was found and uninstalled remotely).

Stuff like Windows Update resetting all manners of different configurations is just too common.