Sign in to follow this  
SheltonM

777 Activation Key Problems

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are having a good day. I'm not sure if anyone knows what I should do, but, I bought the 777 back in September of last year but havent been able to use it (or try to) until now due to computer issues and lack of funds. I havent given out my code to anyone but when I try to activate it in the FSX free fight area, I get an error. (Invalid activation ID :XXXXXXXXXXXXXX [ Incident# 8296-219883] )

I submitted a support ticket on the 27th and have yet to hear back, which is understandable due to the mass quantities of people. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is is something I have to wait for PMDG to help me with? 

Thanks guys!

Shelton McCallop

It seems abit random PMDG haven't replied in a few days, although it was the weekend, it may be you didn't de-activate your product meaning it still thinks its activated, im sure they'll re-set it for you. Hope this helps.

Josh Scott

Hello,

I have the exact same error and problem, I went to the website and double checked my activation code and it was the same that was on my receipt yet the system is telling me its inactive.  Has your issue been resolved?

Thanks

Andy

I also have the activation issue and have submitted a ticket.  The first advisory that appears indicates that the activation server could not be contacted (and to check my internet connection, which is fine).  So perhaps the server's offline and, this being a holiday weekend, the situation will be remedied after the opening bell tomorrow.

(But the other thing the notice tells me is that my product activation code is invalid, so wondering...)

I submitted a support ticket on the 27th and have yet to hear back, which is understandable due to the mass quantities of people. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is is something I have to wait for PMDG to help me with? 

Support requests are usually answered within 24 hours, actually (usually).

Check your junk mail / spam folder to see if a response got dropped in there.  You might also log back into the system to see if there's any indication there.

Kyle Rodgers

I've been advised that the problem is blocked access to their activation server.  Seriously, I've disabled every possible security application on my PC, created exceptions/exclusions in MSE, turned off the Windows firewall, and punched a hole in my router firewall for their license...   server and set up port forwarding for it.  Still no dice.  I'm on a plain vanilla residential Roadrunner cable connection, and had no problem purchasing the software at the online store, downloading it, submitting a trouble ticket, or (obviously) accessing this forum.  Anybody else had this problem?  Any other thoughts.

Oh, and no, there was never any 'blocked...' notice from my PC.   Just a window telling me that the activation server couldn't be accessed (and to check my internet connection), followed by another one telling me my license is invalid.

Why the hell port forwarding? Do you even know what this means? I'm european but can't imagine americans have router's which only let port 80 and 443 to go out (http+https). So port forwarding should only be needed when another computer is adressing some service on your computer when he know's your ip adress...

First you should get in touch with pmdg to get their activation server fqdn to ping it. When this fails, something is wrong with your ip. But these details are a subject of the support I think (or big brother with some knowledge about pc technology).

I have definitely - oh very definitely - been in touch with PMDG and know precisely what port forwarding means.  It was their suggestion and I was skeptical the moment I saw it (but they claim it has helped some customers...).  I monitored, and found the port number mentioned is on their server (as I expected), that it's an outbound connection, and that the whole port forwarding thing was just a red herring.  OK, but he says they've had over 100 successful activations today and that there's NO indication of any incoming traffic (i.e., product activation requests from me) on their end.  So I'm a little mystified.  Something somewhere is apparently blocking or preventing the connection, even if it's actually the activation utility within their software itself.  It's also true that I can't ping the server.  Ping does resolve the IP address to fqdn (and vice versa), but then times out. But so do all of their other servers, even though I have absolutely no trouble accessing them (the software was purchased and downloaded from PMDG, and I have an open trouble ticket which I've no difficulty opening or updating).  The activation attempts, on the other hand, fail immediately, almost instantaneously from the moment I hit the 'Activate' button, as a matter of fact.

Don't want to blame you but port forwarding just only means their client opens a connection to your server. Do you have a server?

After establishing a connection (http or some different) of course there is some traffic inbound and outbound. But really... port opening or forwarding is only necessary for servers who listens on a port for a connection.

I have blocked all incoming ports and got activated my pmdg pretty nice. And no... there isn't an option for one people to get it and another to not get it.

As far as I have analysed traffic its only some https traffic. This should be opened on EVERY firewall for outgoing traffic as otherwise you weren't able to even login to your mail provider.

It took a VPN connection via a VPN server in London to get this to work for me.  I first tried tethering via USB to my iPhone after having configured my iPhone as a hotspot (relatively easy; I of course first disabled my regular cable connection), but that made no difference.  That told me my router & ISP probably had nothing to do with it, as I'd suspected, and that the whole port forwarding thing was a waste of time - no surprise there.

OK - I had been thinking about trying a VPN connection.  I often have issues with connecting to webmail back in the states when I'm traveling overseas, which the VPN overcomes. Many countries, not just China, impose all manner of filtering and blocking at the national boundary (the Law of Unintended Consequences applies), and a VPN allows the VPN user's traffic through that via encrypted tunneling.  There are a few different VPN protocols in common use - one or the other usually solves these problems.  My particular VPN service offers servers all around the world, so I decided to try connecting using a server in London.  And THAT WORKED! 

Conclusion:  the Activation software PMDG is using can have issues for foreign customers trying to connect.  'Won't always be true of course, and no way I could identify which countries will or won't be affected. I'm in the US, and I definitely was.  If I hadn't happened to have the VPN option available to me, I'm not sure I could ever have activated the software successfully.

Helllo Guys! Its happened i reinstalled my FSX at least three times. Also while reinstallation i didnt deactivate a key of 777, i did kknow about that. SO, now while  activation i cant activate my 777 because extra activation is ended and i cant activate my 777 again, i sent a message to support and obtained this answer :
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE HELP FROM PMDG USING THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.

Effective 25FEB10, PMDG no longer provides technical support via email from this address.

To receive technical support, please visit our new Customer Support Portal, which is found at the following location:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG Customer Support is now handled from this portal in order to increase the efficiency of our service, and to eliminate problems associated with spam filters and junkmail.

Thank you for reading, we look forward to assisting you from our new location.

PMDG Technical Support

So i used this link and wrote about my problem/

P.S. FSX reinstallation is not available.(many importatnt programes installed)

fOR, SUPPORT. Could fix it?

TY B\R ALex

Hi first post here. Is there any solution to this yet?
- I saw somewhere to open port 8888 but that didn't help. I am all out of options. Have submitted a ticket to PMDG support forum but haven't heard back yet.

Thank in Advance!

- Casper Rasmussen

Have submitted a ticket to PMDG support forum but haven't heard back yet.

Not sure what you mean by this.  This is the support forum, but this isn't where you submit tickets.  Tickets are submitted via the support system over at support.precisionmanuals.com (separate log-in information is used here from the PMDG e-commerce site and this forum).

As far as "haven't heard back yet," how long ago did you submit the ticket?

Kyle Rodgers

That is what I meant :) The support system :) Only a couple of hours. I know they dont respond right away, but I am desperate så i turned to this site :)