Sign in to follow this  
Guest boblj57

Before you bite my head off.

Guest boblj57

I did do a search on all forums. I am looking for a guide for dummy's on how to run Servinfo or FS Flight commander on a laptop. Like what cables do I use and where do I hook them up. Stuff like that. You see I need it very very simple.

Guest shanwick

What a shame that you have to apologise in such a way before posting a question. It shows what an intolerant society the Internet, or should I perhaps say the Avsim forum, has become. I don't notice people having to ask not to be flamed in other forums I visit. Hm ...Anyway, I know nothing about ServInfo but I did do a look at their website and it seems to me that this is an Internet based thingy. So I don't understand why you need cables etc to run it from a laptop :-hmmm Have you downloaded it and looked at their help files?David

Guest boblj57

No, I want to run the flight sim on the main computer, and run Servinfo or FS Nav or FS Flight Commander on the laptop.Thank you for your reply.

Guest deKoven

>No, I want to run the flight sim on the main computer, and>run Servinfo or FS Nav or FS Flight Commander on the laptop.>>Thank you for your reply.>>>Nobody should be biting anyone's head off. None of us can truly be called expert at everything. Search for "WideFS", I think that's what it's called. Might be in the lib here, and I know there's been multiple posts. I don't know 'zackly how it works but from my perusal of the threads I'm thinking that's what ya wants. :DLate update: You will need this utility: Wideview FS at http://www.wideview.it/download.htm

Guest UweR

Hi, you were right with WideFS, but very wrong with WideView.WideFS server exchanges FS variables over a network with WideFS Client on a second machine, where it can be picked up by third party programs (ActiveSky, FS Manager, FS Flight Max, FSGarmin, Rana

Guest boblj57

Wow. Thank you very much. I give it a try.