Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

The DX10 Fixer "How-to" Guide

I've taken over Paul "PJ" Johnson's excellent "How-to" guide for new DX10 Fixer Users. His original document helped me get my system set up correctly.

FSX_DX10_200_93.png

It's a step-by-step guide and (I think) quite comprehensive - no need to look up other sources. Used with Steve's manual, I'd say it's all you need.

The REVISED "How-to" Guide (v1.01 01 July 2014)

For related DX10 files:

DX10 Fixer - all related files

All feedback welcome - here or by PM.

Adamski.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks, been digging for that a bit in the past days! It's the best synthetic document for getting up and running with DX10! Keep up the excellent work started from PaulJ!

BTW, reading the new re-organized revision, NICE WORK! :good:

Oh, and the link to the files is a GREAT addition! :smile:

EDIT: it should be noted that uninstalling KB2670838 also uninstalls IE in most cases, and it's necessary anyway for IE11. On a side note, I had to resort to this method to try and cure fatal errors, only to find that FSX would shut down at the splash screen when trying to access the Free Flight section, so this is probably a "do it at your own risk" method. In my case I had to REINSTALL the KB to get FSX started again.

Please keep in mind that I'm on a fresh WIn7x64 installation with no extra junk and all updates in place.

Can someone help my SweetFX. I'm using Windows 8.1, DX10 Fixer and SweetFX V1.5.1. The DXGI.DLL will make the DX10 box disappear. I have tried the fix for Windows 8.1 and SweetFX using Radeon Pro but it still does not keep my DX10 box. It basically runs in DX9 with the DXGI.DLL in my FSX folder. When it is out, then DX10 for FSX comes back. 

Dane Quartel 

EDIT: it should be noted that uninstalling KB2670838 also uninstalls IE in most cases, and it's necessary anyway for IE11. On a side note, I had to resort to this method to try and cure fatal errors, only to find that FSX would shut down at the splash screen when trying to access the Free Flight section, so this is probably a "do it at your own risk" method. In my case I had to REINSTALL the KB to get FSX started again.

Please keep in mind that I'm on a fresh WIn7x64 installation with no extra junk and all updates in place.

Thanks for the thanks!

I must admit I'm a bit worried by that KB2670838 note in the guide. I have it installed and running fine on my system with no FSX oddities of any sort. I may edit the guide - adding a "do at your own risk" disclaimer.

@DANEQ99 - though there's tiny section in the guide about SweetFX, I don't use it myself so I'm hoping others here may be able to help. You may get more help in other DX10/SweetFX specific topics.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Does anyone knows if it's necessary to apply the same setting in fsx.cfg in FSX Steam Edition?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270