Sign in to follow this  
Juicehead

CPU vs GPU rendered settings...

Was curious if anyone has any information on what items/settings are rendered by the CPU vs what items/settings are rendered by the GPU...

For example, in ARMA 3, if you leave shadow settings on low, they are rendered by the CPU.  If you set anything higher than that, it moves the process to the GPU.  I am curious how much I can crank up on the GPU side of things since the CPU utilization is still relatively inefficient.

good question

My GPU is normally @ 20% Loaded.  GTX780-ti.  It would be nice if LM would add code so we could Move stuff to the GPU and off the CPU using config settings.  This would allow people to balance their system with their current hardware instead of one solution fits all.  If I move sliders from where I am at now the CPU takes most of the hit = stutters.  

good question

My GPU is normally @ 20% Loaded.  GTX780-ti.  It would be nice if LM would add code so we could Move stuff to the GPU and off the CPU using config settings.  This would allow people to balance their system with their current hardware instead of one solution fits all.  If I move sliders from where I am at now the CPU takes most of the hit = stutters.  

Amazing - my GTX 780 TI gets easily a load of 99% and I've to reduce some settings to get CPU/GPU more balanced and the temperature not too high. I guess you should work more with your settings.

Spirit

Amazing - my GTX 780 TI gets easily a load of 99% and I've to reduce some settings to get CPU/GPU more balanced and the temperature not too high. I guess you should work more with your settings.

Spirit

99% - great - Instead of guessing around, which sliders are a GPU ONLY effect.  This list would be nice for everyone.

Don't know if this makes a difference on the loading @20% vs 90%.  I am running my 780-ti at 1180 Mhz instead of stock. BTW the @ 20% is the norm I do see it spike up to @ 40% every now and then.

Set your fps to unlimited, turning on shadows, (terrain, cloud, buildings vegetation, etc) tesselation, and water reflections, should make your gpu sweat a little more.

Jazz

I think I remembered reading somewhere that the autogen is CPU rendered...

Cities kill my framerate!

All I know is that nightime orbx scenery absolutely kills my framerate!

I am gtx780ti classified/i7@4.5ghz and flying into seattle at night with Orbx PNW, no clouds, in the Carenado Phenom 100 I get about 10-20 fps!