Somebody help please!

I installed my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and noticed that the Button 1 (Single button), behind the hat switch left hand side “by default I think it is supposed to be brake” is triggering Toggles no 3 instead, which is by default Elevator trim down. A1 (Button 3) a rocker switch on the left is also triggering that same Toggles no 3 as well. So both A1 (Button 3) and Button 1 are triggering Toggles no 3, nothing triggers Button 1.

Is this normal? If not is there a fix?

10338418_10204152909807739_5278761843589

Thats not normal but no idea how to fix it  .

I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke but use a registered version of FSUIPC to set it up. Are those screen shots from the Saitek software for their controller products?

I also own an X52, which when I first purchased, I tried to set up with this software and had nothing but trouble and have been using FSUIPC ever since.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe unplug from the USB port, uninstall the software and if you don't have FSUIPC, start over by reinstalling the software and plugging your yoke back in according to the instructions for the software and Yoke.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

just set it up in the simulator. no need to use saiteks program.   that may be your fix

Have you just bought this new? If so then take it back, there is no need to try and fix or workaround a product under warranty.

If it is older then unfortunately Saitek throttles are not built to last for great amount of time, just look at the problems with the throttles.

I have checked my yoke with the Windows control properties page and found the following;

Button 1 - Left hand round button on back of yoke

Button 2 - Right hand round button on front of yoke

Button 3 - A1 switch

Button 4 - A2 switch

Button 5 - B1 switch

Button 6 - B2 switch

Button 7 - C1 switch

Button 8 - C2 switch

Buttons 12 to 14 are the switches on the throttle axis and 15 to 20 are switches on the bottom of the throttles. These don't work on mine as the throttle broke ages ago.

Unfortunately you sound as if something is broke inside the yoke itself and without taking it apart you can't fix it. I have a broken A2 switch which one day I may repair.

Have you just bought this new? If so then take it back, there is no need to try and fix or workaround a product under warranty.

If it is older then unfortunately Saitek throttles are not built to last for great amount of time, just look at the problems with the throttles.

I have checked my yoke with the Windows control properties page and found the following;

Button 1 - Left hand round button on back of yoke

Button 2 - Right hand round button on front of yoke

Button 3 - A1 switch

Button 4 - A2 switch

Button 5 - B1 switch

Button 6 - B2 switch

Button 7 - C1 switch

Button 8 - C2 switch

Buttons 12 to 14 are the switches on the throttle axis and 15 to 20 are switches on the bottom of the throttles. These don't work on mine as the throttle broke ages ago.

Unfortunately you sound as if something is broke inside the yoke itself and without taking it apart you can't fix it. I have a broken A2 switch which one day I may repair.

I agree, but I don't think it hurts to try unplugging and plugging back in etc to eliminate any possibilities of corruption with his first install.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I assumed that he had already tried the basic test such as unplugging the USB, trying again, trying a different socket, uninstalling the driver, using the windows driver and trying it on a different PC. But yes I agree that if he has not tried this then he should.

Thanks everyone. I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers. unplugged and re-plugged hardware. Downloaded and installed latest software from their website, none of the above helped.

The screenshot above is the product control panel. All other buttons are working as they should, I have brake in Button 1, but pressing A1 does the same function as button 1. If I try to reassign A1 to another command inside FSX setting where I assigned all other buttons, I get warned that it is not available and that it was assigned "to whatever I assigned the other button", so the two buttons are technically one button.

If there is a technician here or anyone who has the possibility of opening one, could you please send me the inside picture of the left hand side. (The side where the hat switch, Button A1/ A2 and Button 1 behind is)

I bought this on Allegro "ebay equivalent" but the seller who advertised it as new is not responding.

I would check to see if Allegro has a buyer protection. I bought mine off Amazon second hand and when I realized it had a problem I contacted the seller, he kept saying that he sold it all working. I tried to do a deal with him but he wasn't interested and stopped contact. I contacted Amazon saying that I wanted to send it back for a refund and in the end, they refunded all my money and I was allowed to the yoke. It is an agreement Amazon or Ebay have with sellers that there products are advertised correctly or they sort out problems. If not then they lose out.

I would check with them first before pulling it apart. I was going to do mine but I was worried about springs etc. inside. It might not even be the switch, it could be the board or the USB lead itself.