Sign in to follow this  
Guest RotorRick

Any good Freeware?

Hi Chase,could you be a little bit less specific, please?:-xxrotflmao Cheers, Holger

Guest danowat

>Hi Chase,>>could you be a little bit less specific, please?>>:-xxrotflmao >>Cheers, HolgerHehehe, seriously though, there is many, many hundreds of GB's of good freeware, but you could do with narrowing it down a little.Dan.

haha.. sry guys.. :)Something with a vc, sounds, custom FDE. You know, the type of freeware that you get in and ask, "could someone of loaded a payware plane on accident?" Something that really gets you attention. Or something that you just enjoy flying. Im up for anything. :):-wave

Guest RotorRick

Posky's 757, for one. Twin Otter Requin. Tu-114. EC-135. Just for starters of course!

Guest danowat

Well, for starters anything that has the name Milton Shupe attached to it, that guys team puts out top notch stuff, the new Turbo commander, maybe the Fanda Dash 8 and the AFG YS-11 also.Other than that there are many, many more, maybe trim the list down and bit more by type of plane?Dan.

Guest Agamemnon

HiGood Freeware?.........Hmmmm it`s all good.Troy

Guest Zevious Zoquis

a few others (just search the file library for them)Soko GalebL1049 ConstellationMorane SaulnierHawker HunterDehavilland Chipmunkalso, check www.fsnordic.net for the Maule package...

Guest Rockcliffe

David Maltby's BAC 111, Project Fokker F70 and F100.

getting it now.. these are the type of freeware planes i like. VC, sounds, FDE, etc etc.. high quality stuff.. I reccomend the maule if you dont have it allready

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Maria N something from Italy recently posted a GREAT rendition of the Piagio Avanti. It has functioning Mach hold and autopilot useful in climbs/descents which from the review is NOT true of the payware version. To climb/descend you click ALT then you go into a 2900 FPM rate which can be adjusted by changing the value in the vertical descent window. I started using it during the RTW race and got ground speeds of up to 440 knots .68 Mach at 28,000. There ARE a few bugs though. When first entering the plane I get two error messages that repeat a LOT before the plane loads. If the plane is destroyed (it's easy to overspeed) my computer usually locks up. The solution is to quickly end the flight, switch to the J3 Cub (Piper starts with "P" too, it's most convenient) then click "Fly Now" and switch back to the Avanti. If you try to come right back instead of switching aircraft sometimes the Avanti is destroyed on the spot AGAIN. Also my system locks up when autostarting the engines in external view. The error messages are about missing guage files, maybe that's why I see no tooltips. I finally found the generator switches, the left side of the EHSI is right between them, they're in the top row of switches beneath it. Still a great looking/flying plane, comes with about five paint jobs if that appeals to you. This plane was released too late to be legal for the race but when the bugs get resolved it will be POTENT next year.Haven't tried it yet but I JUST downloaded the freeware TurboCommander which has had a LOT of nice things said about it.Best Regards, Donny :-wave

'Tupolev 114' and all the aircraft mentioned in the 'Bear Review' available in the Avsim home page.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png