Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

77L autobrake, She stops in a dime!

HI,

I have a question.

I have done many flights now with the T7, but one thing that is keeps coming up is that the autobrake on landing is pretty heavy (she stops in a dime). it is almost unrealistic!!

I landed flaps 24 VREF 146 (landed VREF +5)

She was only 2tons under MLW. (14t fuel left, full pax, 31190t cargo)

I used Autobrake 2 and idle reverse thrust.

No significant winds. something like 5-6 knots of headwind

Still she stopped so insanely fast!!!

So how is this done in real life? Cause this gives me the feeling that they use no autobrake at all! just spoilers, reversers and then some manual braking under 60 knots. 

I watched some movies on the real T7. watched some real world landings, also witnessed one from the cabin but none stopped so fast as my bird.

Anybody have the same idea??

This gets brought up every now and then.  I solved my problem using this product http://www.thefsps.com/SPX.html  It can run networked of another PC

I also combined it with the friction fix using a reg fsuipc.

Rob Prest

Is this Issue going to be fixed in SP1??? forgive my laziness, its 00.40 am and I didn't look for the thread with all the bugs listed!!! Don't see why I should buy another program to fix this, but again the temptation is there..

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Is this Issue going to be fixed in SP1??? forgive my laziness, its 00.40 am and I didn't look for the thread with all the bugs listed!!! Don't see why I should buy another program to fix this, but again the temptation is there..

I wouldn't really call it an issue, Just a limitation of FSX. when you start adjusting roll out distance you also change the take off distance. 

The PMDG 777 also doesn't care if the runway is wet or contaminated. Programs like SPX and FScaptain correct this, so well worth the money in my opinion.  Am sure the bulk of people don't really care hence why it is not mentioned that much.

Regards

Rob Prest

You also need data to know this isn't in fact accurate.  "She stopped so insanely fast!!!" is subjective.  You need a landing distance to compare to performance numbers to know if this was indeed too fast. 

Eric Szczesniak

I wouldn't really call it an issue, Just a limitation of FSX. when you start adjusting roll out distance you also change the take off distance.

I must take your advice then, the program looks so complex only want realistic braking, not all the rest of bells and whistles.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I must take your advice then, the program looks so complex only want realistic braking, not all the rest of bells and whistles.

No it is not complex at all. You simply decide what you want simulated and then the whole thing is fire and forget. When I start my sim it automatically links to SPX, I don' t touch a single thing.

It only looks complex because it gives you a graphical display of all the parameters on your aircraft right down to how much ice is building on each surface. 

@Eric - As mentioned this has been discussed before. many times. I don't think this is an issue or fault of PMDG, just a sim limitation.  I did RTO's in a 777 sim  way before the PMDG T7 was out.  

You can see this in many aspects of desktops sims, it's just limitations we have to live with. They behave very accurate considering the platform and price we pay.

Regards

Rob Prest

This was brought up before. The way i managed to test this, was to use a payware scenery and assuming the distances from the runway threshold to a particular taxiway exit was accurate to the real world chart, i compared the stopping distance of a particular approach speed and autobrake setting with the numbers in the flight manual under the autobrake landing distance table, and it APPEARS to be correct. Until we can get a utility that can accurately measure the distance traveled when the brakes are applied im afraid testing it this way is the best i could come up with.

EDIT: Im assuming why we are not used to it stopping so fast is because 12 wheels are doing the braking vs the 4 in the 737 (or similar type) or 8 in the 767 that we are used to.

I use Fusipc dynamic friction Lua, but has anybody tried this.

http://store.thefsps.com/product_info.php?products_id=52

Same family as SPX,  but is it better than the sim1 fix ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How about TSR Autobrake to add to the mix?

spacer.png

How about TSR Autobrake to add to the mix?

Tell me more Imran, never heard of TSR

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Tell me more Imran, never heard of TSR

TSR was pretty good back in the day. It's pretty clunky to setup but I would use it with the MD11. These newer products make things a lot easier. More importantly is the fact you can set these products up over a network and forget about it.

Rob Prest

TSR was pretty good back in the day. It's pretty clunky to setup but I would use it with the MD11. These newer products make things a lot easier. More importantly is the fact you can set these products up over a network and forget about it.

Cheers Rob. I might have to blow the dust off FS captain then. I did not realize that FSC can help like SPX.

TSR Autobrake an addon to fix the FSX limitations of braking... Need a reg copy of FSUIPC for it to work and is no longer sold.

Anybody have a copy of the sim1.dll patched file to fix the friction? Email in my profile. Thanks

spacer.png