Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Prepar3Dv2.2 Crashing on exit...

For the past month or so, Prepar3Dv2.2 has been crashing on exit with a "ui.dll" being cited as the faulting module.

I've not figured out why this is happening, but at least it only occurs when closing the sim... I can fly for hours and hours without any problems. In fact last week I had the sim running continuously for nearly a full week, having changed aircraft I'm working on and/or reloading user object numerous times... :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah, I've also had the odd crash when closing P3D (using the little X in the top right of the windowed screen to close it). Impossible to replicate the problem. Sometimes it closes OK, sometimes it crashes. I think LM must have put in a random crash generator :)

www.antsairplanes.com

For the past month or so, Prepar3Dv2.2 has been crashing on exit with a "ui.dll" being cited as the faulting module.

I've not figured out why this is happening, but at least it only occurs when closing the sim... I can fly for hours and hours without any problems. In fact last week I had the sim running continuously for nearly a full week, having changed aircraft I'm working on and/or reloading user object numerous times... :Thinking:

Bill I would assume you have tried to shut it down various ways and does it crash using different ways - wonder if your having a video driver glitch - I have had it crash during quick flight but that was an unstable overclock - are you also using P3D with windows Aero on - if not you should be, have to think about this. I would start with a nice fresh video driver install.

Read this at sim-outhouse:

Try turning off your addons you put in there, all of them, including aircraft repaints, just drag the planes out of the aircraft folders to the desktop, and boot up the sim and see if it does it. If it doesnt, then you have found that 'something' you added is the culprit. Then start bringing in things and when it crashes, you'll have the bug that is doing it and can go from there on figuring out what is going on.

Rich Sennett

Richard, I have a bog-standard P3Dv2.2 installation, using only registered FSUIPC and a handful of aircraft that I'm developing.

It matters not whether I load any of the 'default' aircraft or one of my own. P3Dv2.2 runs without flaw until I Ctrl-C to stop the sim, or click in the little red box in the upper right corner. Without exception the "ui.dll" (the native user-interface module) will trigger a crash.

Fortunately for me though, this happens after FSUIPC has managed to properly save my "Previous Flight" data. I'm not all that bothered by this though, since I plan to wipe out P3Dv2.2 whenever v2.3 is ready for prime time... B)

Fr. Bill    

Richard, I have a bog-standard P3Dv2.2 installation, using only registered FSUIPC and a handful of aircraft that I'm developing.

It matters not whether I load any of the 'default' aircraft or one of my own. P3Dv2.2 runs without flaw until I Ctrl-C to stop the sim, or click in the little red box in the upper right corner. Without exception the "ui.dll" (the native user-interface module) will trigger a crash.

Fortunately for me though, this happens after FSUIPC has managed to properly save my "Previous Flight" data. I'm not all that bothered by this though, since I plan to wipe out P3Dv2.2 whenever v2.3 is ready for prime time... B)

Got yah Bill - but personally I couldn't sleep until I figured it out lol - I also use ctrl-c well I'll think about it some more but if it doesn't bother you then all is well - take care.

Rich Sennett

I forgot to add that I don't even have to load any aircraft. I get the same "ui.dll" crash even if I start P3Dv2.2 then choose to close it immediately... :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

I forgot to add that I don't even have to load any aircraft. I get the same "ui.dll" crash even if I start P3Dv2.2 then choose to close it immediately... :wacko:

Hi Bill I would assume you have rebuilt your cfg file and your shader folder - stupid question I know - did you use takeownership program to give all rights to your folders ? did you try another video driver ?

I wonder if its a corrupt saved flight ? do you have any ?

===========================================

You mention some aircraft work in progress - read this

If you had installed a new plane, then perhaps this plane brought in some new gauge or DLL module that is causing the crash ?

Try removing all the modules, to check if FSX starts.

===========================================

You should read Jims post as anyone of these things could be your problem also 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427193-fsx-crash-with-ngx/

Rich Sennett

I have that happen if I use a Mindstar G430 aircraft

- nothing happens until shutting down P3D