Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Real Terra Haze + Night light transition and white clouds LUA scripts

I have installed both of these in X-Plane 10.30b5 and everything seems to be working except for the night lighting transition. I did everything that was mentioned by SLAI: I disabled this line in the RTH_clouds.lua:

-- set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 1.0 )

and did a test in X-Plane by holding down SHIFT+L to fast forward the time to night and the lights all come on at the same time and doesn't slowly transition. Anyone else can get these 2 scripts to play nicely with one another?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The Papi lights are affected by the light transition controls so in order not to affect landings the plane must be 1500 feet above ground level in order for the lighting effects to kick in.

Oh is this why I'm not seeing the effect because I'm still sitting on the runway? In order to see the lights slowly transition when it turns into night I have to be at 1500 or above?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Correct.  To be exact, the plane (not you in an external view) has to be 1500 feet (coded as 700 meters in the script) above the runway or terrain. 

Compatibility with Real Terra Haze 3.0 Instructions:

1) Remove art_controls.lua
     Extensive controls found in Real Terra Haze

2) Remove light_tweak.lua
     Extensive controls found in Real Terra Haze

3) Edit night_light_transition.lua
     Find: MaxScaleFar = 0.80
     Repl: -- MaxScaleFar = 0.80

Find: MaxScaleNear = 0.50
     Repl: -- MaxScaleNear = 0.50

4) Edit RTH_3.0.lua (currently b2, should not change with final release)
     Find: set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 1.0 )
     Repl: -- set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 1.0 )

Find: function st_def_lights()
     Add below: MaxScaleFar = lites_vars[lt_set][5]*lmult
     Add below: MaxScaleNear = lites_vars[lt_set][6]*lmult

Awesome! I didn't even realize there was a new version out! Thanks Slai! RTH is a must have add-on for X-Plane and thanks for getting this to work with the night light transition and white clouds script! :)

What about the white_clouds.lua file, do I need to make any changes to that, or get rid of that file altogether. I'm using the latest X-Plane 10.30b6, Flywithlua 2.3.1.

For sure keep the white_clouds.lau file.  It is one of the best features and is compatible with RTH if you make the above changes.  It makes the clouds a bit brighter and whiter in the day and makes sure the clouds are dark before sunrise and after sunset.

Awesome, thanks so much for your help Slai! :) Really enjoying the new RTH, it's amazing to see these changes happen in realtime! Definitely an awesome addition to X-Plane!